Local gun store being "snobby" any one else have this happen? - Page 2

Local gun store being "snobby" any one else have this happen?

This is a discussion on Local gun store being "snobby" any one else have this happen? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well my main shop is now going to get all of my buisness its just not worth the hassle to put up with some idiot ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Local gun store being "snobby" any one else have this happen?

Well my main shop is now going to get all of my buisness its just not worth the hassle to put up with some idiot behind the counter. I guess i cant say all my buisness they dont carry mill surplus or saiga stuff so i guess I will still have to go to another one in the city to pick up my tacticool stuff.
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

STUPID=WELL YOU CANT FIX THEM ALL

Not only would I walk out, but would have made it a point to let thousands of potential firearm buyers know how they will be treated as they go to this store. One of those places to start would be this forum. I have no idea where this shop is, but you can bet a Ben Franklin I would not even think about going there knowing how they treat you.

You take care of your current customer, no matter if he is buying a $20 box of ammo or a $1,500 Kimber 1911. Customer service is what sells merchandise. You get treated right and you won't mind telling people about it. Get treated like dirt, and you will do the same only bad to the 10th power.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    With the ease of online gun ordering, it looks to me that gun stores should wake up.........but I guess that makes too much sense.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    With the ease of online gun ordering, it looks to me that gun stores should wake up.........but I guess that makes too much sense.
    I agree. I have a gun shop that I like, but sometimes I just cannot handle giving them my money. Its tough when places like buds save me so much I can buy carry ammo and a few magazines. Whenever the price is close I give it to the shop though.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Gun shops here are rude also. Many act like a customer is a bother.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Needless to say I lost it and said keep the rifles (with much more moving words) and left called my normal gun dealer and asked him to order me a couple I will just wait.

Am i over reacting or is this just horrible customer service?
    Under the circumstances I'd say you did just fine. I'd consider that very poor way to treat a customer.

My LGS is privately owned by ONE individual. Pretty decent guy, too. Aside from gun shows, all of my guns are bought from him. He takes the time to tune every gun in his shop and fires a mag to ensure reliability. If there are any issues, everything is warrantied through his shop. As far as customer service, it's first come first serve, just like it should be. The guy buying the $200 gun today might be buying the $3500 gun next month,

My advice? Buy from the little guys. They always know how to take care of you.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Yep, now you need to take the next step and send the owner of the shop a letter telling him he lost two sales and why you won't be buying from him in the future.
    thephanatik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post

I honestly don't know if the employees at my favorite gunstore make commission or not, but I don't think that they do. They are a busy store (you actually take a number when you walk in, and when your number is called by a free employee, they show you what you want, and they usually have 4-8 guys behind the counter), but once my number gets called, they have all seemed content to show me whatever I want to look at, with no pressure to buy (although I usually leave there with something).

It makes for a much better firearm shopping experience than some places I have been.
    Sounds like Vance's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Yep, now you need to take the next step and send the owner of the shop a letter telling him he lost two sales and why you won't be buying from him in the future.
    Pay close attention to the above response. Leaving the merchandise on the counter and walking out does nothing but give the clerk the satisfaction of telling everyone you were a jerk. My entire career has been in the customer support business, and I think I speak from experience.

When I encounter the above attitude, and I do often, I make it a point to ask for the owner, or supervisor before I leave, and explain to them why I am leaving their store without making a purchase. The ONLY WAY THEY WILL CHANGE IS IF THE OWNER/MANAGER KNOWS ABOUT THE ISSUE. Sorry about screaming, but 30+ years of dealing with customer issues on a daily basis makes it kind of ingrained.

On the other hand, the owner/manager may not care, in which case $%^&* them.

Why, oh why do I keep climbing on these darned soap boxes?
    RevolvingMag and thephanatik like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I have experienced the same thing, there are two shops in little rock the same way. I guess if you spend all day looking at guns and tellin war stories about how you got carpeltullel from conquering mountains of paperwork in the chair force

Sorry you'd be cool enough to act that way too.

A) I would have walked out, never gone back and told everyone and their sister not to go there. B) Makes me appreciate my LGS for being so professional and helpful-no commission BS. I commented on an AR forum that I did not mind paying 2-3% more buying there vs Internet dealers because I appreciate good LGS relationships and service.

Well the smart thing to do would have been for the clerk who was not busy to go ahead and finish your sale for his fellow employee who was selling the Wilson. Even though the other employee would get commission on both sales, there will always come a time to pay back the fellow who took care of you. That way everybody wins. Sadly, it's hard to find smart employees these days. I'd drop a note to the manager explaining what happened. Who knows, he might offer you a discount to come back to his store and give them another chance. I know I would if I were the manager.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gforty View Post
    Sounds like Vance's.
    There is a very good reason for that. Every time I make the drive up to C-bus I stop in there, I wish it was closer.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links