Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
Pay close attention to the above response. Leaving the merchandise on the counter and walking out does nothing but give the clerk the satisfaction of telling everyone you were a jerk. My entire career has been in the customer support business, and I think I speak from experience.

When I encounter the above attitude, and I do often, I make it a point to ask for the owner, or supervisor before I leave, and explain to them why I am leaving their store without making a purchase. The ONLY WAY THEY WILL CHANGE IS IF THE OWNER/MANAGER KNOWS ABOUT THE ISSUE. Sorry about screaming, but 30+ years of dealing with customer issues on a daily basis makes it kind of ingrained.
I agree in principle but disagree in real-life practice. I have better things to do with my time that hunt down a manager or owner in order to educate them about their incompetence, unless I am being paid a management consultant fee. If the person responsible for a retail store does not know how his employees treat customers, his business doomed and there is nothing you or I can do about it.