Local gun store being "snobby" any one else have this happen?

This is a discussion on Local gun store being "snobby" any one else have this happen? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I ventured to a Lgs this weekend that i had not been to and wished to purchase a couple mosin nagants had cash in my ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Local gun store being "snobby" any one else have this happen?

Local gun store being "snobby" any one else have this happen?

I ventured to a Lgs this weekend that i had not been to and wished to purchase a couple mosin nagants had cash in my pocket ready to go. The only reason i went to this shop is my normal one is out of them and this other place had them at the same price.

They have these rifles on the display floor so i look a couple of them over do ensure they are not totally worn out. After i select a couple i take them to the counter to purchase and do the paperwork.

As the worker is getting my paperwork another guy walks in and goes straight to counter and asked about a wilson combat that they have in stock. Now keep in mind there are 4 people working and there are only 2 customers my self includded. The worker that was assisting me quickly walks off with the other guy and proceeds to help him.

I wait a couple minutes then ask if i could have the paperwork so i could begin to fill it out as it takes a few minutes i figured no problem. I was told to wait until he was done with this customer. I can be a bit hot tempered at times over stuff like this so I turned to another worker and asked him for the paperwork and was informed "sorry we get commision and since he started you he has to finish it"

Needless to say I lost it and said keep the rifles (with much more moving words) and left called my normal gun dealer and asked him to order me a couple I will just wait.

Am i over reacting or is this just horrible customer service? I feel liked i got shoved over so he could make a $3500 dollar sale instead of a $220 sale. I would not have cared if he would of done both at once instead of just forgettin about me.
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

STUPID=WELL YOU CANT FIX THEM ALL

2. Remove Ads

Sounds to me like he pushed you aside and went for the bigger sale, oh well their loss.

Happens to me when I visit the local gun shop here too. I have been to some really good ones and then others that are simply grumpy at the world. I don't blame them; the majority of their customers probably make them that way. They don't know if you're a decent enthusiast or a dope off the street. Stick with where they know you to avoid it.

VIP Member
    Heck, if that happened to me I may well have walked out just like you did. Yes, complete with parting words of wisdom ~
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Thats why i have a normal gun shop i know them all and they know me but even when they didnt or a "new" person walks in they are more than happy to show you any and all the guns you want to hold. And they are all at least above average knowledge of firearms and when they dont know something shoker alert they find out the answer right then and there.

I have also never heard them bash on any firearm other than high point. Even if they dont have one or even sell that brand.
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

Senior Moderator
    horrible customer service
    I'll go with that one.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

My gun shop knows me and greets me by name as I enter. I always get a break on pricing...they know their stuff...I trust them.

Stick with one or two shops who appreciate your business and treat you fairly.

I would also have walked out of the store you were in, wolf88.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Now you know to never go there again. I have one of those too. Unfortunately it is also a range so that limits my options around here. The people there act as though I am an inconvenience for walking in their doors. Last time I went to shoot the guy just started fanning his hand like he was saying come here. That was his way of asking for a drivers license. I asked him what he needed( I knew, but didn't appreciate the gesture.). He stated," You know what I need."

I shot that day, but that store was already on two strikes. I figured I would give them a try again after a year or so. Never again.

It is really unfortunate that these places operate like this. I work retail and fall short plenty of times, but this is ridiculous. How can shop of dingleberries stay open?
    Last edited by SIXTO; September 6th, 2011 at 10:06 AM.

My main concern comes from the thoughts of someone who has limitied knowledge and or expirience at a gun store or about guns. What happens when you walk in and the only thing they want to sell you is a $3000 1911 and when you say your budget is only $600 they inform you everything in that price range is complete junk and worthless. We may have just lost another good person on our side and now they cant fully protect themselves cause some @$% told them some stupid info.
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

Sponsor
    How can shop of dingleberries stay open?
    Fortunately some of them don't!
    The "shop of fools" near me is gone and another lgs is opening a 2nd store front in their stead. The old place would spout garbage about anything just get someone to buy what they had in stock. They also shut down the store for the gun show weekends and raised the prices 20% on everything they took to the show.

OP, I'd have left cursing also!
    Last edited by SIXTO; September 6th, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I'd have left too...without making a purchase.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I'd have walked out too
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

You did the right thing.......Attitude and Customer Service are everything
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Ive been doing some diggin around online and found SEVERAL reviews on this place saying basicly the same thing rude no knowledge ect ect. hope they know they will never get any of my or any of my friends buisness now there no the only gun store around here in fact there the furthest one away.
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

That is pretty terrible customer service.

I honestly don't know if the employees at my favorite gunstore make commission or not, but I don't think that they do. They are a busy store (you actually take a number when you walk in, and when your number is called by a free employee, they show you what you want, and they usually have 4-8 guys behind the counter), but once my number gets called, they have all seemed content to show me whatever I want to look at, with no pressure to buy (although I usually leave there with something).

It makes for a much better firearm shopping experience than some places I have been.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links