Fast & Furious - What Did Holder Know

Fast & Furious - What Did Holder Know

This is a discussion on Fast & Furious - What Did Holder Know within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Eric Holder - Obama's AG has made the following statement. "The notion that somehow or other this thing reaches into the upper levels of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Fast & Furious - What Did Holder Know

VIP Member

Question Fast & Furious - What Did Holder Know

Eric Holder - Obama's AG has made the following statement.

"The notion that somehow or other this thing reaches into the upper levels of the Justice Department is something that. ... I don't think is supported by the facts," Holder told reporters at an unrelated press conference in Washington.

Note the careful parsing of words. Holder did not come out and say he did not know about F&F when it was going, he simply states that he does not think the fact will support that. Maybe he did not know, maybe he has destroyed all the evidence that he did know - we don't know. But with statements as wishy washy as this one, the speculation will continue...

Read more: Holder Denies Prior Knowledge Of 'Fast And Furious' | Fox News
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I assure you the folks at the upper most level of this thing are coated in teflon....you won't get crap to stick to them. I'm sure they've been in politics long enough that they have fall guys waiting in the wings. A few folks will step down, be re-assigned, it will be swept under the rug, and they'll continue with their agenda.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I assure you the folks at the upper most level of this thing are coated in teflon....you won't get crap to stick to them. I'm sure they've been in politics long enough that they have fall guys waiting in the wings. A few folks will step down, be re-assigned, it will be swept under the rug, and they'll continue with their agenda.
    So true. These guys operate at a level of corruption and evil that most of us cannot comprehend. I've been exposed to the fringes of it, and cut my career short to avoid it.

Senior Moderator
    Makes no difference what he knew or did not know. He was the AG, and it was his responsibility to know.

That he did not know is evidence of dereliction of duty. In the real world, he'd be fired. In the fantasy land inside the beltway, he'll find a fall guy to sacrifice and be praised for his leadership.
    jwhite75, OD*, WHEC724 and 4 others like this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I believe his actions speak louder than his words. He has been dragging his feet and doing everything he can to slow down the congressional investigation. Of course he has time to make a poltical speech declaring his innocence. If you are innocent, release the documents, allow your employees to testify, and the truth should come out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think this sums it up....
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Apparently he knew about it as early as 2009, when he bragged about it to Mexico.

Holder Lied: DOJ News Release Shows Obama Admin Approved ATF Mexico Weapons Smuggling - Salem-News.Com

Shame on the whole lot of them! At least they got the name right, because as soon as I start thinking about this whole mess, I get furious REAL fast!
    Last edited by roalho; September 8th, 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Administrator
    Holder is way too busy right now to answer very many Fast & Furious questions.
    He needs to hurry up and get provocateurs infiltrated into the Tea Party in order to create violence, rioting, & civil unrest before the next presidential election.
    They are running a little bit behind schedule.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I believe this came from waaaay above Holder. I still maintain this was part of the "under the radar" gun control the POTUS was promising Sarah Brady.

The idea was to flood Mexico with American firearms, with the intention and hope that they would turn up at high profile crime scenes.
    At which point the adminstration points to the American firearms industry, and the American firearm dealers and says "this is the problem".
    "All the guns going to Mexico are from the United States, we've got to do something to stop the wholesale murder taking place with American guns"

Thereby making the political climate in this country much more suscecptive to the "Small Arms Treaty" being pandered by the United Nations.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I believe this came from waaaay above Holder. I still maintain this was part of the "under the radar" gun control the POTUS was promising Sarah Brady.

The idea was to flood Mexico with American firearms, with the intention and hope that they would turn up at high profile crime scenes.
    At which point the adminstration points to the American firearms industry, and the American firearm dealers and says "this is the problem".
    "All the guns going to Mexico are from the United States, we've got to do something to stop the wholesale murder taking place with American guns"

Thereby making the political climate in this country much more suscecptive to the "Small Arms Treaty" being pandered by the United Nations.
    I don't know about the UN arms treaty angle but I absolutly believe this came from POTUS and it was an underhanded scheme to frame legal gun owners in the US.

VIP Member
    As a fellow Government bureaucrat I can say that NOBODY I have ever met in my 19 years on the job would take responsibility for something like this without OK-ing it with their boss. There IMO is a 100% certainty that Holder knew. Nobody, I mean NOBODY in their right mind would start a sting like this without it being approved at the top.

Sadly, the lies and the blaming will probably not reach all the way up to him. I hope somebody has a get out of jail free e-mail or memo saved that puts all of this right in his lap. I can picture a scene from the movie Clear and Present Danger where the weasel guy has the written Presidential order in his safe. I hope Holder gets torched on this one when the scapegoat fights back.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

I believe he knew nothing like everyone else in the Obama administration.

Didn't know anything when he was hired and knows even less now that his in charge.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Makes no difference what he knew or did not know. He was the AG, and it was his responsibility to know.

That he did not know is evidence of dereliction of duty. In the real world, he'd be fired. In the fantasy land inside the beltway, he'll find a fall guy to sacrifice and be praised for his leadership.
    I agree, in the military a commander is held responsible for the actions of the men below them. Of course I need to remember, inside the beltway there is no such thing as responsibility or adult supervision.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I agree, in the military a commander is held responsible for the actions of the men below them. Of course I need to remember, inside the beltway there is no such thing as responsibility or adult supervision.
    Only plausible deniability.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post

Except for the fact that the global ATT (Arms Trade Treaty) can not trump the Constitution including Heller and McDonald. If the scheme had not slipped out of control, it would have changed the environment of the debate which was the optimal intent.

Obama may squeak in for re-election. With Republican Senate and House, he would be wise to find a new AG. If the new congress plays the impeachment card, he'll be one lame lame duck.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links