Anyone ever have gun-related dreams?

This is a discussion on Anyone ever have gun-related dreams? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Our dreams are often hidden warnings of things that are yet to be... It's obvious that the first dream was a warning that carrying without ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Anyone ever have gun-related dreams?

Our dreams are often hidden warnings of things that are yet to be...

It's obvious that the first dream was a warning that carrying without a round in the chamber could endanger your life. Even while the magazine is full, the chamber remains empty. You rack the slide in frustration, but the damage was done when you first pulled the trigger and realized that there was no round there.....

The second dream is an obvious warning that the Glock 19 is too small a caliber to defend you.... You've secretly been wanting a .45 and you're just looking for an excuse to get one. This dream is your excuse. It will continue to worry you until you make the plunge and get a .45 ACP to carry.

That'll be 5 please.

"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

RKM
    I had a dream last night that I was buying gloves with my ex-girlfriend.

Had a dream when I first got a gun that I couldn't rack the slide, my hands were too sweaty or bloody. Since then they have played out more like an action movie. I wake up with an urge to join the Marines.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Mine was basically outrageous. The dream started with me at a museum just looking at artifacts. Then I run into some cute looking African American woman about 5'2" tall as she just smiles and walks by, which I think is no big deal. I pretty much continued on and then suddenly, about 8 masked gunmen take over the museum. I then make an escape as I passed by that same black woman, who is just frozen from fright. I held out my hand and took her hand and off we go. We continued on as I try to find an exit. I then ran across 2 of the assailants who were also armed. I neutralized them with my H&K USP .40 (carried holstered in a horizontal shoulder holster hidden under my black leather trenchcoat) utilizing one handed shooting since I held her hand as I lead her out. Then we finally exited the scene and went another area (a cafe) about a block away from the museum. From there, I called the cops and told them everything what happened. After that, she thanked me and complimented me for my bravery and gave me a long,passionate kiss with her arms wrapped around my neck. Then I woke up, I said "$#%^! Now I don't know what happened after that. And it was all good too."

VIP Member
    Mine usually involve my mother in law and a silver bullet.
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    This is my rifle, this is my gun ..... so it is kinda personal, no comment. ROTFLOL
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    Only had one, a nightmare, went into a gun store and all they had were Glocks.
    Tzadik likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Yeah, had one when I was 9 or 10 that I had left my Daisy model 25 BB gun leaned up against the propane tank overnight & it got rained on.

Told my Dad. He almost blew a fuse. "But it was just a dream" I said.

Did'ent matter I still got a stern lecture.

In my dreams the trigger pull on my G19 is like 400 pounds.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    If I can remember Psych 101 correctly, dreams like these or of parachutes not opening and other things like that, actually have nothing to do with the things in the dream not working. It usually indicates a feeling of a lack of control in some aspect of the dreamers life.

I am not a doctor or shrink, so take that last bit as you will.
    +1 @ believing that this dream represents a feeling of inadequacy or lack of control in your life but I would also say the BGs aren't necessarily real BGs but mere representations of something else; a danger, if you will.

I'm no Dr. either so please take it with a grain of salt.

I remember having some dreams when I was a kid about getting in a fight with an invader and my punches had no effect; as if they had no power behind them. I never discovered what those dreams were about; they just went away.

I would suggest for you to not allow yourself to get stressed out over the dreams or it may have exacerbate the problem.

God bless,
    DCG

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Only dreams I've had about guns is it's Christmas and I open up the boxes and there they are, Dan Wesson, Les Baer, etc., etc., etc.
    I guess thats better than Wesson oil and Max Baer Jr (Jethro Bodine)
    Seriously, it must be a subconscious desire for larger caliber. Anyone making an 88 Magnum yet?

I had a dream a few weeks that some aliens crashed in my front lawn. They camouflaged themselves as my kids. They just wandered around using basic phrases that didn't make sense so I knew who to shoot at. Only thing though is, when I pulled the trigger on my revolver, the timing was off and the cylinder wouldn't make it all the way to fire a round. Weird...

It did make me consider the reliability of revolvers. I've never had one not fire but when a revolver has an issue it's not a simple tap, rack, bang drill to get it up. It usually requires some time consuming maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmoose View Post
    I had a dream a few weeks that some aliens crashed in my front lawn. They camouflaged themselves as my kids. They just wandered around using basic phrases that didn't make sense ....
    This part not a dream.
    jtmoose and DefConGun like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    +1 @ believing that this dream represents a feeling of inadequacy or lack of control in your life but I would also say the BGs aren't necessarily real BGs but mere representations of something else; a danger, if you will.
    I would also point out that malfunctioning equipment is actually a common theme in my dreams. For example, I can't count how many dreams I've had where I'm in a dark room and I flip on the light switch, but the room remains dark. Sometimes the light fails to come on. Other times I can look up at the ceiling and see that the light has illuminated brightly, but the room still remains dark for some strange reason. In fact, I've had this dream so often that as soon as this happens, I immediately realize that I'm dreaming.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I'm a much better shot in my dreams...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links