Anyone ever have gun-related dreams?

This is a discussion on Anyone ever have gun-related dreams? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Can I do a "not like" on the post about a gun store with only glocks?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Anyone ever have gun-related dreams?

Distinguished Member
    Can I do a "not like" on the post about a gun store with only glocks?
    Medic218 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I would also point out that malfunctioning equipment is actually a common theme in my dreams. For example, I can't count how many dreams I've had where I'm in a dark room and I flip on the light switch, but the room remains dark. Sometimes the light fails to come on. Other times I can look up at the ceiling and see that the light has illuminated brightly, but the room still remains dark for some strange reason. In fact, I've had this dream so often that as soon as this happens, I immediately realize that I'm dreaming.
    So what you're saying, no matter what you do, you're still in the dark? Very interesting. I wish I could help but dreams can be very evasive. Maybe you have an unknown in your life that is leaving you in the dark and no matter what you do to hit it head on, you feel its not going to do any good? IDK.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    My dreams are;

Trigger is way too heavy to pull it
    I pull the trigger but the gun never fires
    The gun fires but I miss the BG OR the bullet(s) have no effect

Its very very rare that I am able to shoot/kill the BG in my dreams. I spoke with other people (police officers) and they have the same type of dreams.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I see ballistics info, bullet weights, distances in feet and meteres, terminal velocities...and graphs, lots and lots of graphs
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Funny you should ask. I just had a dream about building a M-4. It was such a great dream I woke up with a woody.

I had one one time a year or two into being able to carry.
    I don't remember all the details but I do remember that I shot a guy and it was a 100% righteous shoot and I knew I wouldn't face any charges but it still scared the piss out of me.
    I was even still shaken up for the rest of the day after I woke up.
    It was way too realistic. It was then I realized that I never want to have to use my pistol but if I do then I think I'm kind of prepared for it seeing as how, in my own mind, I have already mentally gone though the mental anguish and guilt of having to shoot someone.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Administrator
    Thread moved to Off Topic & Humor Discussion.

This is awesome; I was actually thinking of starting a thread about this exact same thing.

About 3 nights a week I have a dream where a BG is running at me with this horrible, demonic face. I know if he gets to me my life is over. I always draw on him, aim and go to to pull the trigger, but its like a 45 million ton trigger pull. Its like cement. Iget 2 fingers in the trigger guard and squeeze as hard as I can. Right when he reaches out his arms and we collide I wake up all out of breath and freaked out like you see on the movies.

I cannot express how many times I've had this dream.

I actually recently went on a vacation with my girlfriend and while in the hotel, I had the same dream except she was in it and the setting was out on the street in front of the hotel.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    This is awesome; I was actually thinking of starting a thread about this exact same thing.

About 3 nights a week I have a dream where a BG is running at me with this horrible, demonic face. I know if he gets to me my life is over. I always draw on him, aim and go to to pull the trigger, but its like a 45 million ton trigger pull. Its like cement. Iget 2 fingers in the trigger guard and squeeze as hard as I can. Right when he reaches out his arms and we collide I wake up all out of breath and freaked out like you see on the movies.

I cannot express how many times I've had this dream.

I actually recently went on a vacation with my girlfriend and while in the hotel, I had the same dream except she was in it and the setting was out on the street in front of the hotel.
    Thats not healthy man.....
    What do you think this recurrent dream of impending doom stems from?
    Did you dream much before you started carrying? Only reason I ask is because I hardly EVER dream, or at least I don't think I do.
    Are you just scared somebody is going to "get you" or something?

I'm not trying to pick on you or anything so please don't take it that way, I'm genuinely curious where something like that comes from.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I would also point out that malfunctioning equipment is actually a common theme in my dreams. For example, I can't count how many dreams I've had where I'm in a dark room and I flip on the light switch, but the room remains dark.
    I have this dream too, in fact it is a recurring one. Haven't reached the point that I know I am dreaming yet, though. Often times, my lights failing to work is also accompanied by the roof is leaking. Strange as that may sound, there is a practical explanation for it. A few weeks after we moved into this (newly constructed) house, I came home one day after work in a really bad thunderstorm. I went upstairs into the master bathroom and there was water coming through the ceiling around the light fixture over the bath tub. That light fixture failed to work for quite a while following the incident, even after the roof was fixed. It actually took a few attempts to fix it and even a replacement of the roof vent above so it may have actually had water in it as to why it didn't work (water + electricity is not a pleasant thought).

I actually had a gun related dream last night. I had two parts to it. In the first part, I was in a car with my wife and my uncle (mother's brother) and we stopped at somebody's house for some reason - we were either lost or had car trouble or something. I got out and had both a shotgun and a long barreled revolver with me and I was dreaming that I was standing on the the steps by the door of the house we stopped at and the home owner's dog was approaching me. From what I remember, the dream then changed and we were 'home' but my guns were locked in my uncle's car and I had to go get them, so I did, and then afterwards I was walking through a playground with children, openly carrying both. Weird and disjoint, but most of my dreams are.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links