Flight 93

Flight 93

This is a discussion on Flight 93 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The National Flight 93 Memorial (taken during a visit on 9/1/11, prior to the dedication). This is from the temporary memorial site looking down over ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By MattInFla
  • 3 Post By archer51
  • 2 Post By babarock

Thread: Flight 93

Senior Moderator

Flight 93

The National Flight 93 Memorial (taken during a visit on 9/1/11, prior to the dedication). This is from the temporary memorial site looking down over the crash site.

May we never forget the courage and sacrifice of the 40 passengers and crew of Flight 93, who lost their lives not as victims but as heroes fighting back against the attack on our nation that day.

There is some debate over what target the cowardly hijackers were flying Flight 93 towards, but there can be no debate that they didn't get to attack their target because of the heroic actions of the passengers and crew aboard the aircraft.

In a very real sense, the passengers and crew of Flight 93 were the first Americans to answer the call and fight back against the terrorists in what would become the Global War on Terror.

Their selfless actions that day saved many lives at the hijackers' intended target.
    QKShooter, OD*, morintp and 3 others like this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    These were the first combatant causalities of the war on terror. Let's not forget, that there were also members from other countries on that flight that gave their lives to save others. They heard what was going on in NYC and DC, they knew what was planned for their plane, and they acted. They had to have known that they would not survive, but they still charged to cock pit to stop the terrorist from furthering the carnage.

May their memorial forever stand, and their sacrifice and their names never be forgotten. God Bless them and give them and their families peace.
    Old School, oneshot and OD* like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    It definitely took more than just Brass Cojones to do what they did.

Watched the special on a couple days ago with them talking to their loved ones and, what they were planning, and all.

WOW!!!

Blaise Pascal:
    Man is equally incapable of seeing the nothingness from which he emerges and the infinity in which he is engulfed.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Especially for people they have never met.
    Harryball and Stubborn like this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Heroes. Each and every one of them.

Sometimes all it takes is for one brave man to take a stand and rally others to take a stand and fight back.sometimes knowing that no matter what you do you will more than likely perish,there is a calming effect in knowing that your sacrifice will save others.I have no doubt we will be fighting this battle to our last breath
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Brave like nothing else.

And the tape I heard, they did breach into the cockpit and were fighting for control of the airplane...

they are my heros. ! ! !

Thanks for posting the picture.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Thanks for sharing Matt..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    They are one of the reasons why we have not seen more attempts like 9/11. It only took an hour and a half to wake up our citizens and get them to fight back. I don't believe we will see any more successful attempts like the WTC and the pentagon. Terrorirsts will have to try much harder to commandeer an commerial passenger jet.

Sponsored Links