Remembering Sept.11,2001....

This is a discussion on Remembering Sept.11,2001.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It is now 8:46 AM Sunday September 11,2011......... May we always remember those who gave their lives. May we never forget how their lives were ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Doodle
  • 2 Post By xXxplosive
  • 4 Post By Bark'n
  • 1 Post By Old School

Thread: Remembering Sept.11,2001....

Remembering Sept.11,2001....

It is now 8:46 AM Sunday September 11,2011.........

May we always remember those who gave their lives.

May we never forget how their lives were taken and who took them.

God Bless America.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

I've been feeling pretty somber since I woke up...my thoughts and prayers go out to those who stand ready this morning. May you be safe and bring swift end to those who would ever threaten us in such a cowardly way again.

Can't watch too much of it on TV today......my array of emotions just get the best of me whenever I see the replay of the towers going down.
    They Are All Heros ...............
    SpencerB and Old School like this.

I've been up since about 5 am today and watching the events on Fox News this morning.

A very solemn day today as we remember those who lost their lives 10 years ago, which for them, was just another ordinary day. However for all of us, it is now a day which will never be forgotten.

On a day which so many innocent people lost their lives, 10 years later, so many others continue to sacrifice their lives so that we will never forget. And so many continue to sacrifice so that those who wish to do us harm will know there is consequence in their actions.

Today, I am sad for all those lives lost. But I am proud to be an American. Proud to be a Veteran.

I see on TV the new memorial, the two reflecting pools/waterfalls which were once the footprints where the two towers stood and think, "that is nice." I think today, for the first time, some people are starting to heal. Yet, others will continue to struggle. The fight goes on. More will sacrifice, and more will die. The world has changed, but we grow stronger.

I'm glad to be alive. And on the 10th anniversary, Bin Laden is finally dead. I think today will be a good day.

For all my DC friends. Stay safe, stay armed, and remain vigilant.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I try not to watch too much of the memorials and the actual events of 9/11/01 but somehow I am drawn and compelled to.

It is a roller coaster of emotions of feeling sadness for the victims and anger for the enemies of our country .

God Bless our troops who are in harms way.

OS

morintp likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

VIP Member
    Today is a day to remember and pray for those who lost their lives and their families. May they find peace in their hearts.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Former owner of a really NICE and filled to the brim gun shop.
    Could carry ANY firearm his heart desired.
    What was his daily carry firearm...You Ask....
    N. A. A. Mini .22 LR revolver in pants pocket.
    People should carry whatever they want to carry.
    And any firearm sure beats the heck out of a Bic ballpoint pen in a pinch.
    Amen, brother! May God continue to bless us and comfort the families who lost loved ones ten years ago.

My addiction Droid Forums
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

VIP Member
    This is my 5th Sept 11th anniversary spent in an arpmpit somewhere. I do my best to do something special to remember each one.

It is also fitting that the tenth aniversary also is the first that includes the death of Bin Laden but we all must remember he is now a Martyr in the eyes of this followers their are dozens to take his place, their resolve has been renewed, this battle is far from over. While this is a time for rememberence and healing this is also a time to prepare. Do not take your eyes from the sight nor your finger from the trigger because believe me your enemy has only sought concealment and will return with a vengence.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Post Never Forget

December 07 1941 and September 11 2001. Remember and remain fearless and vigilant.
    U.S. Army Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    This is my 5th Sept 11th anniversary spent in an arpmpit somewhere. I do my best to do something special to remember each one.

It is also fitting that the tenth aniversary also is the first that includes the death of Bin Laden but we all must remember he is now a Martyr in the eyes of this followers their are dozens to take his place, their resolve has been renewed, this battle is far from over. While this is a time for rememberence and healing this is also a time to prepare. Do not take your eyes from the sight nor your finger from the trigger because believe me your enemy has only sought concealment and will return with a vengence.
    Again thank you for being on the front line of freedom.

OS

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I try not to watch too much of the memorials and the actual events of 9/11/01 but somehow I am drawn and compelled to.

It is a roller coaster of emotions of feeling sadness for the victims and anger for the enemies of our country .

God Bless our troops who are in harms way.

OS

Know how ya feel. Watched about 5 minutes of the service going on in NY. A kid whose father died in the WTC was speaking and I got a bit misty and had to change it.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I've been watching a lot of 9/11 programs this past week. Yesterday MSNBC replayed their original broadcast uneditted from 9/11. It was chilling. It brought back the memories. All of the conflicting reports, the uncertainty, everything. It was almost like reliving that day.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Links