Met a fellow CCWer here in Sheeple Country

This is a discussion on Met a fellow CCWer here in Sheeple Country within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey there, some of you might know me, but most of you probably dont. I've been lurking around here for a few years now, but ...

Thread: Met a fellow CCWer here in Sheeple Country

Formerly OKC, OK; Currently Karlsruhe, Germany

Met a fellow CCWer here in Sheeple Country

Hey there,

some of you might know me, but most of you probably dont. I've been lurking around here for a few years now, but i don't really post much. Mostly, because i simply don't have much to say.

Anyway, doesn't really matter though. The reason why i am posting this, is simply because i just wanted to share an experience with you guys. I moved from Oklahoma to Germany about 2 years ago. I don't know if you are aware of that, but germany is pretty restrictive about gun ownership. Its really difficult to get a permit to even own a firearm - you would have to be a member of a gun club, you have to have a record of shooting their range regularly, you can only own a .22 before you can upgrade to larger calibers only after a certain amount of time, and so on... Getting a concealed carry permit is virtually impossible here. Also, guns are seen as pure evil by the public sheeple. The image over here is: If you want to own a gun, you must be completely insane and you are probably a serious thread to yourself and others.

Considering all that, i found it very interesting, that a close friend of mine, which i met here in Germany, is one of the few people who actually support private gun ownership! Not only that, he also supports concealed carrying, even though he is not carrying himself (since, as you know, it's forbidden here). What really cracked me up, was the fact that we were talking gun related topics a few days back - and that was when he mentioned a "good CCW Forum" where he registered and where he's been more or less active for over 2 years now. Needless to say, he is talking about defensivecarry.com .

I'm not going to tell any names. Don't want to blow his cover, you know ;). Just thought it might be a neat little story, amusing you as much as it amused me :).
    Regards, Mike

The german american, now living in Germany, but surely missing home!

2. Remove Ads

Kante,
    I was stationed down in Bad Aibling in the late 80's and had a good German friend named Dieter who lived in Rosenheim but worked at Magraw Kasern in Munich. Dieter was our German liason for our base gun club and used to accompany us on all our shooting competitions. He had quite a collection of firearms, but he had been at it for a number of years. He used to tell me how difficult it was to go hunting in Germany and how you had to have a paid guide who told you which animal to shoot and you had to pay for the hunt AND the meat!!! I never went hunting in Germany and stuck to the shooting competitions...

Links