Deer season just got better

This is a discussion on Deer season just got better within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just got a call from a neighbor that keeps an eye on some property for me; He sadly told me that he's seen some ...

VIP Member

I just got a call from a neighbor that keeps an eye on some property for me; He sadly told me that he's seen some wild hogs roaming the property lately and that I need to be extra careful the next time that I'm out there hunting...

Venison and pork!?! This gives me an excuse to switch out the G30 to the 10mm barrel too (my hunting BUG). Plus hogs have no limit, you can bait 'em, shoot 'em after dark... I'm sensing a full freezer this winter!

Administrator
    I'd rather hunt the hogs anyway. I kinda wish we had some around here... but I know how destructive they can be.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I don't know if I should say congrats or condolences, a little of both I guess. They're fun to hunt, but they will make your property look like its been plowed.
    Personally, I'd rather hunt hogs, but I'd rather eat deer.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good deal. You'll have all your own stuff for smokies, sausage and hamburger.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd rather hunt the hogs anyway. I kinda wish we had some around here... but I know how destructive they can be.
    Sixto, if the migration pattern is any indicator, you won't have to wait long. They are now in Kentucky. Lock and load and wait.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Sixto, if the migration pattern is any indicator, you won't have to wait long. They are now in Kentucky. Lock and load and wait.
    Do you think they're coming off of the Mississippi flood plain?

VIP Member
    Bacon or sausage for breakfast, ham sandwiches for lunch and venison steak or roast for supper. Ahh life is good.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Do you think they're coming off of the Mississippi flood plain?
    I dont know. But they are in the western part of the state now around the Ky river area. Very well could be from that.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Since you can bait them, check out the pig pipe. Another trick is to add a cow bell to the pipe. Then put a cow bell in your stand. Once on stand, ring your bell and the pigs think it's the bell on the pig pipe. Makes them think the coast is clear.

Wild Hog Hunting for Wild Hog Hunters - Hog and Boar Hunting for Real Hunters - How to build a pig pipe
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Agreed. I have relatives in the NE of WV and they mentioned spotting tusked bacon on the loose last year while hunting.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Links