laid off

laid off

This is a discussion on laid off within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well three weeks ago I lost my badge to the lay off trend that has been sweeping the nation. I have a few job offers ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: laid off

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

laid off

Well three weeks ago I lost my badge to the lay off trend that has been sweeping the nation. I have a few job offers from Franklin Township Police, Marion County Sheriffs Office, and ADM Enforcement as well as various security and private defense companies. Right now I am just biding my time. ADM offers more advancement opportunities than the police departments and does more law enforcement than our jail bound sheriffs office, not to mention their equipment is better too. Their radios are top of the line, they issue Sigs and they mandate carry of a long rifle or a shotgun. Hourly status checks and ample backup are also a plus for them. I have an interview tomorrow with them and hope to get the position. I like them because they are an organization instead of a company, which means more powers, less red tape, and easier transition from a security matter to a law enforcement situation. They have powers on their apartment complex sites and the supervisors have powers over all sites. Pay is a doller better an hour, it is part of the FOP, and the benefits are top notch. Say a prayer that I can get on and end this three week dollar struggle that has been my life.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Best of luck to you guy.

Michael

Good luck, Chris!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

You can do it! Best of luck!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Sorry to hear that, but when one door closes, another opens. Best of luck to ya partner.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Best of luck! Will you have arrest powers? Wondering if you'd qualify for the HR-218 permit?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    You'll do fine.

My prayers are with you! Hope you get the job!

Wow sorry to hear that. My story is not law-enforcement related, but I was laid off for 18 months, have a master's degree in computer science and 20+ years' IT experience and could NOT get a job (though I restricted my search to one of the most depressed areas in the nation - Detroit/SE Michigan - for family reasons).

Aside from the no-money thing, the extra time with my kids (and martial arts) was wonderful. My wife and I opened a martial arts class during the down time which we've been able to keep going, so in many ways it was a mixed blessing. Got me out of a truly hellacious job anyway.

My brother-in-law went from Detroit PD to a suburb, and was much better off for it, ie, nobody shooting at him. So something will come up pal, just hang in there and give it time, do something in the interim to sharpen your skills and make you more marketable.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Good Luck with whatever your choice is.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I couldnt stand Marion County anything when I lived in Indiana... ADM? who is that? for some reason it isnt ringing a bell?

NM I remember now... ADM is in Camby correct?

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    One in the same Koontzy, Hiram, I would have arrest powers on the apartment complex premises and surrounding streets, but would not qualify for HR218 due to being an enforcement officer, not a law enforcement officer. More like a code enforcement officer and security guard rolled into one, but with the code enforcement officer's authority and powers. So I could write limited citations, make arrests on property, and IMPD is responsible for taking the suspects downtown and booking them, then I go to trial as the arresting and get them convicted
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member
    Also sorry to hear this Chris. Hang in there, you will do great in the long run. Sounds like you love your career area, that is worth a bunch right there.

cg

VIP Member
    Good luck on he job interview.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Good luck Chris.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links