To Blend or not To Blend - Page 3

To Blend or not To Blend

This is a discussion on To Blend or not To Blend within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; BGs pick their targets many times by observation. Walk with confidence and look around when walking in public. Don't look at the ground or spend ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: To Blend or not To Blend

BGs pick their targets many times by observation. Walk with confidence and look around when walking in public. Don't look at the ground or spend the walk from the door of whatever building to your vehicle on a cellphone or punching in a text message. They look for people not paying attention to their surroundings.

Our defensive instructor in our time is always speaking on this as being as important as knowing how to propoerly use a weapon in defense. I have seen countless people when I arrive at a business walk out the door and toward the parking lot without even glancing to see if a vehicle is coming. It's like a piano could fall from the sky and hit behind them and they wouldn't even notice.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

I think that we are talking about two different things, albethey both elements of victim selection by the criminal element.
    The first is physical appearance. This is relative as it pertains to things such as size, build, sex, or obvious physical infirmities.
    The second is demeanor or bearing. This is relative as it pertains to such things awareness and an aura confidence and ability.
    While the weight given to each of these may vary with the particular criminal, they are both usually part of the victim selection process.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Moderator
    The Eyes.

They'll make you or break you.

Watch them closely and they reveal many things. Attitude. State of mind. Perception or lack of.

I have made it a habit of looking closely at the eyes and how they respond to many things.

Watch them and they can tell you what the best placed disguise will attempt to hide.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I would agree with a caveat. The eyes, being more difficult to read than the other factors, at a distance, might change a previously made decision upon closure of distance.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links