Nightmares - Page 2

Nightmares

This is a discussion on Nightmares within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dreams aside... I'm not sure why you'd pull her over the counter. Push her back where she came from! Keep the counter between you and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Nightmares

Senior Moderator
    Dreams aside... I'm not sure why you'd pull her over the counter. Push her back where she came from! Keep the counter between you and if she tries to jump it again give her the telephone to the face. Or.. use the telephone to her face as an incentive to get her back on the other side.

I've worked a LOT of time behind a counter and, as Guantes says, you really have to reach/jump to get over a counter to the point of being able to bite someone. You'd almost certainly be able to jump back or push her back before she got to you in real life unless you were SERIOUSLY off your game that day and she was rabbit quick.

The counter is your friend!

Of course if she jumps and you both fall on the other side then you are out of luck and it's game on.

A knife is a good option. I vividly remember the lesson in knife fighting while someone has already gotten on top of you and your knife is on your waistband. Thrust the hips up to get your attacker off balance and thrust them forward over your head, tuck your head into the attackers belly/chest so they can't hit it very well or reach your vitals (eyes, mouth, inner neck, etc), reach around or between their legs for your knife (if it's in your pocket or front of the waistband) (preferably reach around so they don't just sit back down and pin your arm but if your arms can't reach or the person has particularly big legs and you are little (like me) you just have to do what you can do), and go for disabling (tendons, muscles) or blood (arteries) cuts... stab/cut for the arteries and tendons in the legs and groin and keep hacking your way free... remember that jeans can really frustrate slashes and slashing at someone wearing jeans may result in only a shallow cut on actual flesh but jeans are no match for a stab. Stab, and start coring, pressure cutting or running (just yanking the blade up and down while continuing to thrust it in)... maximize trauma and blood loss.

If I started listing all of my disturbing "combat" related dreams I'd probably be banned or have people recommending I see a doctor or just scaring people.

She was a zombie! You should have shot her in the head... You've got about fifteen minutes or so before your body dies and reanimates...

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Did you recognize the service dept. in the dream? Maybe it was a hint where your new job will be.
    Thanks I am trying to stay out of that

In dream it looks like old shop

Wierd dream for sure I have no clue why I would have tried to pull her over counter

it would have been a push deal in real life for sure

I had a dream I was being chased by warewolves. I've carried silver bullets in my EDC ever since.

Were those Tupper warewolves or Corning warewolves?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Administrator
    Thread moved to...Off Topic & Humor Discussion.

Carry On Mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Ok here we go .

This was a dream last night .

I have spent my whole adult working life in auto service ( over 30 years)

The last 15 or so in management and at service counter .

Here was dream a young lady comes to counter 25 years old or so

I can see in here eyes. She never said a word.

She reachers over counter and I pull her over counter

and we are now on ground behind counter .

Dream over

There, fixed it for you. Better?
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    She reachers over counter and bites me on sholder and chest I pull her over counter
    You may have to worry about getting rabies shots I hear they are painful.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links