Nightmares

Nightmares

This is a discussion on Nightmares within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok here we go . This was a dream last night . I have spent my whole adult working life in auto service ( over ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Nightmares

Nightmares

Ok here we go .

This was a dream last night .

I have spent my whole adult working life in auto service ( over 30 years)

The last 15 or so in management and at service counter .

Here was dream a young lady comes to counter 25 years old or so

I can see in here eyes shes on meth / speed . She never said a word.

She reachers over counter and bites me on sholder and chest I pull her over counter

and we are now on ground behind counter .

Dream over

It was a very vivid dream it kept me awake to say the least for a while.

It got me thinking , what would have been next action .

For me I think I would have went for EDC flesh only knife in right rear pocket for starters.

The shop I was working for in past was not in good hood .

I never left home with out EDC firearm and knife.

It seems we all get tunnel vision some times about robbery .

This dream was not about robbery it was just some crazy wild person .

It could indeed happen in these days and times .

Thoughts please

Dreams are sneaky, in that they sometimes ignore the realities of time and distance. The average counter is around 24" wide. Most people do not stand with their body against the counter. So, if you are standing 6" back from the counter, that means that she has to reach 30" over the counter and still maintain the height to bite you on the shoulder and do it all in a time frame that you are unable to avoid or counter her actions.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post

She reachers over counter and bites me on sholder and chest I pull her over counter

It got me thinking , what would have been next action .
    :
    prepare for your future as a zombie....

VIP Member
    Find a new brand of cologne, apparently the one your wearing drives the women crazy!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Stop eating junk food before bed time.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Dreams are sneaky, in that they sometimes ignore the realities of time and distance.
    Heck, I'm doing well if my dreams obey the laws of physics, much less time and distance.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Cool

You read the post last week about the guy in the wheelchair and the women claiming to be a vampire biting him while they were on the porch of the closed up Hooters in Tampa before you went to bed didn't you ?

Woman Claiming to be Vampire Attacks Man at Vacant Hooters CBS Tampa
    Last edited by Old School; September 16th, 2011 at 03:20 PM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Be thankful it was just your shoulder that got bit. It could have been Loraina Bobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Find a new brand of cologne, apparently the one your wearing drives the women crazy!
    and send the old one to me! Find a new one...! What are you thinking man? Sounds to me like the old one is working. So some of the prospects are a bit ...feisty.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Did you recognize the service dept. in the dream? Maybe it was a hint where your new job will be.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dam a Bobbit reference! Come on, almost forgot about that one. THAT HAD TO HURT LIKE HELL

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Ok here we go .

This was a dream last night . Here was dream a young lady comes to counter 25 years old or so

I can see in here eyes shes on meth / speed . She never said a word. She reachers over counter and bites me on sholder and chest I pull her over counter and we are now on ground behind counter .

Thoughts please
    To me it signifies uncertain times, and a fear that the customer will 'chew you out' for something and you'll be helpless to defend yourself. It's also a reaction to the stress of hearing lurid stories and thinking about fighting zombies, and so your mind translated it into a 'horror movie' format.

You might have unresolved issues involving dealing with the unpredictable nature of the retail business and not really a fear of the undead visiting you (obviously a fantasy not reality).

$.02

Even stranger, wife and I both has simular dreams on the same night and no apparent reason known to either of us.

I said something about my dream and she told her and they were strangely simular.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

no mo' Jalapenos on the pizza fo' you.
    My Freudian analysis? You vaguely remember nursing your young mother as a baby, and the young girl in your dream is your mother giving you payback for all the times you bit down too hard.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Weird.

I NEVER remember my dreams, but ever since we bought our first house last month, I wake up and remember my dreams pretty frequently. The last one I had was very vivid. A man was in his car in my driveway (in my dream). He said something to me, but I didnt understand. I told him to hold on a second, and, even though I knew I shouldnt, I opened my front door, placing my foot behind it 'just in case'. As soon as the door cracked, the man shoved it open, and I stumbled back onto the stairs. The last thing I remember before waking up is a baseball bat coming straight toward my face!

Learned my lesson from that dream, and told the dream to my girlfriend and warned her to be careful when she's home alone during the day. Just a couple days later a man parked in the driveway and came to the door. She said she got a bad vibe, and didnt answer it as the man seemed to have had no business at our house. Coincidence? Not sure, but now we have a dog that she just couldn't justify before this instance...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links