Honey-do Day

This is a discussion on Honey-do Day within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Took the wife to the airport this week. Gone two weeks. Looking at my "promised" honey-do list for the day. Better now than all night ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cammo
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Honey-do Day

Distinguished Member

Honey-do Day

Took the wife to the airport this week. Gone two weeks. Looking at my "promised" honey-do list for the day. Better now than all night before she returns. Funny, I travel well by myself but I am such a weenie when my wife travels and I am home by myself. After twelve hours, chicken wings and Clint Eastwood movies get old.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    LOL. I'm much the same. She always leaves me a list to keep me out of trouble while she's gone.

When I was at the grocery store, my basket was full of beer, steak, wings, pizza & chips. The checkout girl laughed and guessed that my wife was out of town.

I got caught up on my westerns as well.

My wife refuses to go away, she said it's not worth it, coming home to every dish it the house dirty, all the food and snacks gone, pizza boxes, etc.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member
    I was gone for two three-week stints this summer. I know hubby is getting lonely when he calls me for no reason, "just to talk". Whaaaat???

I really did feel for him when he whined "I haven't had meat in two weeks" at one point. I think he eats eggs and peanut butter toast and fruit when I am gone. Usually over the sink so there are no dishes.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I love the list my wife leaves me when she goes out of town. I tear off the top line and through the rest away!! I can cook and don't mind cleaning up after myself. The chore I dislike more than anything is walking the dogs....at 0430 every morning without fail. They are more accurate than any time piece on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattus Vir View Post
    I love the list my wife leaves me when she goes out of town. I tear off the top line and through the rest away!! I can cook and don't mind cleaning up after myself. The chore I dislike more than anything is walking the dogs....at 0430 every morning without fail. They are more accurate than any time piece on the planet.
    I learned a while back, when I stay with family that has two dogs, RUN them before I go to sleep, they went from 4am wake up calls to being annoyed when I made them head outside at 9am.

Glock Certified Armorer

I'm on Mrs. Smith 2.0 and I travel more than she does. When either of us leaves town, it hits the reset button and we realize what a good thing we have going. No honey-do lists, no expectations, and currently 5 dogs, 4 of which get walked daily at 5:30 am. If the trip is more than a couple of days, there's usually a pleasant surprise waiting at home upon the traveler's return, like flowers for her or a nice bottle of aged Scotch for me. No dirty dishes or piles of dirty laundry await.
    surefire7 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    I was gone for two three-week stints this summer. I know hubby is getting lonely when he calls me for no reason, "just to talk". Whaaaat???

I really did feel for him when he whined "I haven't had meat in two weeks" at one point. I think he eats eggs and peanut butter toast and fruit when I am gone. Usually over the sink so there are no dishes.
    That's just cruel and unusual! Um they do sell pre cooked bacon that can be eaten cold or microwaved for like 30 seconds. Canned chili, hot dogs (I prefer the bun length beef variety), now that I think of it some of that might require getting a dish or 2 dirty. I would take the risk, I could not go that long.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

My wife doesnt leave me a list as long as i clean up after my self were good. As far as cooking i can cook rather well but my real talent is getting my old smoker out.

I can spend all day and a good hunk of the night smoking a 14lb brisket and drinkin cold beer and eat off of it for at least a week. So it keeps me buisy and fed well what else could you ask for.
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

STUPID=WELL YOU CANT FIX THEM ALL

Distinguished Member
    I become the "one dish/one utensil guy". Just rinse it out after every "meal" and we're good to go. Try to micro everything in its own container - no extra dishes. Lots of cereal and lots of fruit. Seven more daze...
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I guess I'm the opposite, when the hubby is away I end up doing too many things i.e. repainting the living room, refinishing the kitchen table, what's wrong with me???
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

VIP Member
    Well, I got fired (divorced) after 22-years on the job with no severance pay. Since then Iíve been doing every honey-do she ever asked for, but its just me and the two dogs. The upside is that I donít have to negotiate my purchases or worry about sitting in shoe stores. Ironically, I sorta miss the occasional debates, but I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.
    ďMonsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.Ē
    ~ Stephen King

PB2
    Every few months the wife will go visit her daughter in Idaho. Usually it's a week or two. She just got back Saturday from a 4 weeks trip. I don't like it when she's gone but can't tell her she can't go (I guess I could but it wouldn't work, she'd go anyway). If the microwave broke I'd starve to death. I try to keep things neat but not overly clean. I figure I'm walking a fine line. If the house is a mess when she gets home she'll be upset that I let things go to hell. But if things are too clean she'll think I don't need her and her feelings will be hurt. I've got it down to an art form of just the right balance.

I also, try to use her trips as a way to gain something. This time I got a new pistol and a couple hundred $$ for ammo. :D

Links