Fall is here!

This is a discussion on Fall is here! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Finally! The leaves are starting to change, the grass is slowing down, there's a quick step in your walk, and temps are plummeting into the ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By aznav
  • 1 Post By ctr
  • 3 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Fall is here!

Distinguished Member

Fall is here!

Finally! The leaves are starting to change, the grass is slowing down, there's a quick step in your walk, and temps are plummeting into the nineties.
    surefire7 likes this.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

I'll take the ninties, we're in the sixties here.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

66 and lovin it. So nice to sleep with the windows open. 60-62 would be perfect.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Fall is indeed coming, temps in the low 50's at night, 60's during the day. Leaves are not changing yet, but they will soon. Do you know what that means? Grouse and Quail sseasons are just around the corner!
    surefire7 likes this.

Went for a hike in the mountains today. Pants, long sleeves, and took a jacket in case. Not much color change though. I love this time of year. I'm guessing upper 50's or low 60's.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Fall is soon headed to Florida, and winter in not far behind...time for my longer shorts, and warmer T-shirts.
    Stubborn, ron8903 and surefire7 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    51 here. Thank goodness, summer is just so much work. Now I can wear whatever I want and carry my gun of choice rather than thinking too much about it.

West Virginia is starting to see some of it's usual fall with temperatures into the 50's at night, 6o's to 70's during the day. It isn't unusual however to have really warm weather in the "fall".

Last November, it was so warm that my strawberry plants were all confused and began to bloom like they do in May. Weather is in cycles and no matter how hard we try to understand it, weather goes about blowing all our theories out of the water. I don't think we will ever totally understand it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    West Virginia is starting to see some of it's usual fall with temperatures into the 50's at night, 6o's to 70's during the day. It isn't unusual however to have really warm weather in the "fall".

Last November, it was so warm that my strawberry plants were all confused and began to bloom like they do in May. Weather is in cycles and no matter how hard we try to understand it, weather goes about blowing all our theories out of the water. I don't think we will ever totally understand it.
    50's? I had 39 on 2 different thermometers this past Thursday night! Got ready to hit the road for work Fri morning and the car was still reading 40 at 9am. Talk about a wake up call from having 70-80 the days previous... YIKES!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    The only thing falling around here is the sweat off my brow.

'Looking forward to some good motorcycle weather soon.

VIP Member
    Well, its still pretty warm in my neck of the desert where the color goes from light tan to nuclear test site beige.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saber View Post
    well, its still pretty warm in my neck of the desert where the color goes from light tan to nuclear test site beige.
    hardeharharrr!!!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Links