Insurance for Firearms

This is a discussion on Insurance for Firearms within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Like alot of people these days we are all looking for ways to save money. Just saved over $500 a year by shopping around for ...

Thread: Insurance for Firearms

Insurance for Firearms

Like alot of people these days we are all looking for ways to save money. Just saved over $500 a year by shopping around for car insurance. While going over my homeowners policy, I realized I was only covered for $1500 for firearms. Like most of us that could be 1 rifle or 1 pistol!! Looking for advice on how to handle. Do you have a seperate policy for your collection, or do you just increase coverage on existing policy? Dont know how current ins. company would handle when you tell them you have over 10k in firearms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    TC

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    My homeowner's policy allows me to buy an extra gun policy, but it is prohibitively expensive relative to the value of the guns. Much like diamonds or other high value items which can easily be (ostensibly) stolen, I imagine.

I carry a rider on my renterís insurance policy that lists each firearm by make and serial number. The cost was very reasonable. However being basically homeless I have to keep my gun safe in my storage unit and I need all the protection I can get.
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

I added extra coverage to my homeowners policy,I need to check I think I'm covered for up to $20,000,and if thats the case I'm gonna need to up it again
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Most insurance companies have riders available you can get to cover your guns, or the NRA offers a policy.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrvoy View Post
    I carry a rider on my renter’s insurance policy that lists each firearm by make and serial number. The cost was very reasonable. However being basically homeless I have to keep my gun safe in my storage unit and I need all the protection I can get.
    Keep up with the payment on that storage unit, or it will make one very cool episode of "Storage Wars"!

I recently insured my firearms worth over $20 K with a company named Collectibles Insurance Services for a very reasonable rate. If you are interested, send me a PM for more information...

check with the nra i beleve they have or endorse an insurance company for guns.
    vary reasonable 350. for 20,000 in guns if i remember right.

Links