Sashes aren't just for CHL holders anymore!

This is a discussion on Sashes aren't just for CHL holders anymore! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; TrainingGroup : Policestore - Police Store LE QD-360-ID Identification Banner - Found this in my email from Brownells today and almost fell out of my ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Saber
  • 3 Post By thephanatik
  • 2 Post By thephanatik

Thread: Sashes aren't just for CHL holders anymore!

Sashes aren't just for CHL holders anymore!

TrainingGroup : Policestore - Police Store LE QD-360-ID Identification Banner -

Found this in my email from Brownells today and almost fell out of my chair laughing considering the long running jokes about sashes and CHL badges on here.

Brownell's "Police Store" subsidiary is now carrying a POLICE sash (or as they refer to it, an ID banner), using the same selling points as often cited by those selling the CHL sashes and badges.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Well, if the LEO sashes gain even a modicum of acceptance, even in a different color, i would imagine that the CCW sash MIGHT help if you choose to buy/own/deploy it. Cop on cop killings are a continuing problem for LEOs, and there isn't much to stop it other than for the LEO to not get involved off duty. Detectives and undercoves don't have that option. The sash is not for me, but everybody deserves options in our free market economy.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    How about just wearing the badge?? That video was ridiculous...I'm thinking that any LEO worth his/her salt would show more tact then that.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    "Tell 911 an armed good guy is on the scene and tell them what I'm wearing" seems much more effective than having them report "Hey, there is a guy wearing a parade marshal thingy with a gun".

Just a man with an idea to make himself a little extra money.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    I felt the video was pretty good and the illustration wasn't so bad. I certainly have considered the risk involved with displaying a firearm in a life threatening incident. In the last two mass shootings that I recall, CCW types were present but took no action. There are quite a few citizens that carry so you could be as easily shot by a LEO or another CCW person who may see you as the threat. Hypothetical but still possible. No, I'm not advocating a sash.
    Chad Rogers likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

If you guys like this, you might be interested in something I'm developing called the P.I.G.G. Identification Device, its a Personal Inflatable Good Guy Identification Device. It inflates to 12ft tall, 10ft wide and makes you easily identifiable as a good guy. It will only be distributed to verified good guys.

pigg.jpg
    Tzadik, atctimmy and Paymeister like this.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Hey the phanatic,
    This is just what I need. Is there a discount if I buy more than one. I want a backup in case of a deflation incident due to any stray bullets or flying birds. Will this fit in a fanny pack along with a g20?

Quote Originally Posted by Carvin66 View Post
    Hey the phanatic,
    This is just what I need. Is there a discount if I buy more than one. I want a backup in case of a deflation incident due to any stray bullets or flying birds. Will this fit in a fanny pack along with a g20?
    Due to the nature of this device, I won't be selling more than one per customer. I don't want a good guy giving one to a bad guy. I am working on a deployment device based off a parachute backpack that will have a backup built in though. There is enough helium to allow you to HALO jump for more tactical approaches. HAHO not recommended. The P.I.G.G. is too large to fit in a fanny pack, but stay tuned for the B.U.G.G. (Back Up Good Guy) Identification Device that is much smaller and will fit inside a pocket or on the ankle. We are working on a few kinks in the B.U.G.G. that when deployed incorrectly, results in the G.G. singing in a higher octave, having Tourette's-like behavior, and possible sterility.
    SIXTO and atctimmy like this.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Well, I want to wait until it's been thoroughly tested and all of the kinks worked out, then we'll talk!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    If you guys like this, you might be interested in something I'm developing called the P.I.G.G. Identification Device, its a Personal Inflatable Good Guy Identification Device. It inflates to 12ft tall, 10ft wide and makes you easily identifiable as a good guy. It will only be distributed to verified good guys.

pigg.jpg
    I think you should get a product endorsement by Gecko 45 to boost your sales...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I think you should get a product endorsement by Gecko 45 to boost your sales...
    I've been trying to get a hold of him, but I keep getting a response back about him being on a double top secret classified mission in an undisclosed location until an undisclosed date.

Links