I HATE my Neighbors!!!

This is a discussion on I HATE my Neighbors!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So what do you do with neighbors like mine? Fair warning---this is a rant. They constantly are outside on their pront porch and they are ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: I HATE my Neighbors!!!

I HATE my Neighbors!!!

So what do you do with neighbors like mine? Fair warning---this is a rant.

They constantly are outside on their pront porch and they are LOUD talkers. It's not unusual to hear them until all hours of the night/morning. They also enjoy starting their pos car and listening to rap on their car stereo from their porch, which means I get to listen to it as well, lucky me.
    They have friends from the neighborhood coming and going all day and into the night doing who knows what, oh and they love their loud rap music too! Double lucky me.
    Oh and I forgot about the friend that starts honking their horn to announce they are driving up when they are 4 or 5 houses down, only to get out of their car and knock on the door anyway. Triple lucky me.
    I'm pretty sure they are on welfare and the house next to me looks like crap all the time.
    The latest is bags of thier garbage showing up next to my garbage can on trash day. God forbid they pay for thier garbage service or haul it somewhere.
    Yesterday I had 2 random bags of garbage placed in front of my garage. I put on some rubber gloves and cut open the bags and luckily didn't have to get deep in the garbage before I found junk mail addressed to the neighbors in the garbage. So I piched the allready cut bags over into their yard. Unfortunately it didn't make too much of a mess and the horn blower came over and cleaned it up. Seriously...who does this...randomly dumping garbage on my property got me pretty livid yesterday.

I've sent numerous emails to the hoa but they don't seem too interested in doing much besides sending letters.
    I wish I had known who we would be living next to when we bought this house (in a decent neighborhood no less.)

2. Remove Ads

Gee... I hate your neighbors too!!
    Lewis128, gorilla45 and RemMod597 like this.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Really. I am not too fond of them either.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    My neighbors probably hate me, out back on my range blasting away nearly every day.
    tcon67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    My neighbors probably hate me, out back on my range blasting away nearly every day.
    Come to think of it, Im probably not real loved for that same reason.

VIP Member
    Maybe you should install a lawn ornament.

533_Cannon.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Yes but this sorta implies more than 20 ft seperation!

VIP Member
    'Been there.

Neighbors suck. It's also something that most of us go through at some point in life. Although, I suspect that many more are encountering this situation these days with the banks renting out foreclosed homes to anyone who can make the first month's rent. I develop and manage neighborhoods, and I'm seeing a distinct change in the landscape where all subdivisions, in all price ranges are going downhill. I don't mean to turn this thread political, but I don't see how American citizens can think that there would not be any damage or fallout for the incredibly poor decisions that they've made in choosing the leadership for our country. We're lying in the bed we've made.
    tcon67, SIXTO, RETSUPT99 and 2 others like this.

Or a new mail box!

WHEC724, tcon67, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    So what do you do with neighbors like mine? Fair warning---this is a rant.

They constantly are outside on their pront porch and they are LOUD talkers. It's not unusual to hear them until all hours of the night/morning. They also enjoy starting their pos car and listening to rap on their car stereo from their porch, which means I get to listen to it as well, lucky me.
    They have friends from the neighborhood coming and going all day and into the night doing who knows what, oh and they love their loud rap music too! Double lucky me.
    Oh and I forgot about the friend that starts honking their horn to announce they are driving up when they are 4 or 5 houses down, only to get out of their car and knock on the door anyway. Triple lucky me.
    I'm pretty sure they are on welfare and the house next to me looks like crap all the time.
    The latest is bags of thier garbage showing up next to my garbage can on trash day. God forbid they pay for thier garbage service or haul it somewhere.
    Yesterday I had 2 random bags of garbage placed in front of my garage. I put on some rubber gloves and cut open the bags and luckily didn't have to get deep in the garbage before I found junk mail addressed to the neighbors in the garbage. So I piched the allready cut bags over into their yard. Unfortunately it didn't make too much of a mess and the horn blower came over and cleaned it up. Seriously...who does this...randomly dumping garbage on my property got me pretty livid yesterday.

I've sent numerous emails to the hoa but they don't seem too interested in doing much besides sending letters.
    I wish I had known who we would be living next to when we bought this house (in a decent neighborhood no less.)
    Forget the HOA. Lots of what you describe is probably covered by city code. Go talk to a code enforcement officer.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Hire Joe Horn.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Sorry for your bad luck, man. I have to add my distaste for your scumbag neighbor to the growing list here.

Document & videotape, & study your city's codes & laws. Report anything that doesn't jibe.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I've called the cops on my neighbors once. I think it scared them because they've been mostly quiet since. I guess that's what you get for being the quiet one that doesn't consume liters upon liters of alcohol at a big party school...

The noise ordinances go from 9 pm to 7 am, so I'm prepared to return fire with some early morning practicing of Ride of the Valkyries on my tuba if anything gets out of hand.
    rolyat63 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Forget the HOA. Lots of what you describe is probably covered by city code. Go talk to a code enforcement officer.
    Sheriffs department told me that there is no noise ordnance for harris county. Is that what you mean? BTW the SUV with the rediculous booming stereo just drove up to the neighbors and I lost my cool and yelled at them/him. So he sat out there booming it longer to spite me I think. Guys I'm seriously loosing my cool here. I feel bullied in my own home and now my wife is worried about backlash. I am willing to listen to suggestions. I know where the SUV lives BTW. HOA is informed but still isn't going to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Been there.

Neighbors suck. It's also something that most of us go through at some point in life. Although, I suspect that many more are encountering this situation these days with the banks renting out foreclosed homes to anyone who can make the first month's rent. I develop and manage neighborhoods, and I'm seeing a distinct change in the landscape where all subdivisions, in all price ranges are going downhill. I don't mean to turn this thread political, but I don't see how American citizens can think that there would not be any damage or fallout for the incredibly poor decisions that they've made in choosing the leadership for our country. We're lying in the bed we've made.
    True. and now the government is talking about renting foreclosed homes out. Thats going to turn every neighborhood into housing projects.
    mr.stuart likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links