It is all my fault

It is all my fault

This is a discussion on It is all my fault within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I guess I only have myself to blame; 19 years of hearing about the importance of service to our nation has made an impression. Today ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: It is all my fault

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

It is all my fault

I guess I only have myself to blame; 19 years of hearing about the importance of service to our nation has made an impression. Today is an interesting day for me; my eldest child is leaving for US Army Basic training. She spent last school year at Virginia Tech with the ROTC Corps of Cadets but, unfortunately, the scholarship she was working for did not pan out. With that change in status, I had hoped that she would decide to go to University of Delaware but, she has other plans; she is headed to Ft Sill for basic training. She is ready for basic far more prepared than I was for Boot Camp, she is smoking the physical fitness requirements and her experience with the Corps of Cadets has given her a clear understanding of chain of command and military structure. She is actually the third generation of my family to report to Ft Sill for training. My Grandfather was trained at the artillery school prior to deploying to Europe during WWII; as an 0811 Marine I also went to the same artillery school and now my kid is going there for basic. I have such mixed emotions about her choice, mostly proud yet nervous; my only consolation is that she will report to the DENG after advanced school. She still plans to finish college and commission to serve as an officer; I wish I had been so determined and calculating when I was 19; I am proud to know my daughter. Sorry for the rambling thoughts, thanks for reading.

Chas
    Ally, atctimmy, joker1 and 5 others like this.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

A proud moment in both of your lives no doubt.

You should be proud. Not only of your daughter, but of yourself for obviously doing a great job at raising her. With most of the teen stories that gets shared on here ( teen gangs, drugs etc.) It does me good to hear there are still decent kids left in this world with a good head on their shoulders. My hats off to all of you for keeping that little glimmer of hope for our future alive for me.

God Bless and keep her safe!
    joker1 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Congrats to her sir, what is her MOS? You should be very proud.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Congrats to her...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I left college for the Army when I was 20. (1968) Have not regretted a moment of it.

Will hoist one in her honor this evening.

Thank her for me.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Congrats to her sir, what is her MOS? You should be very proud.
    Spencer, she is scheduled for 25S Satalite communications, not sure what that exactly means, I did not even have GPS when I was in.

Chas
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Congratulations to you both. And thanks to you, your Grandfather and your daughter for serving our Country!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Congrat's to you and your daughter both. There is one bright spot. At least she's not going to be at Ft Sill during the summer.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congrats man, you did good....I wish more parents would take the blame..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

God bless her, and you for raising a Hero.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

God Bless Her and Keep Her Safe !

Thanks for your service in advance.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I too had mixed emotions when my son went into the Marines. You can be proud of her. A prayer for your daughter.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

My Dad was stationed at Fort Sill while he was in the NG, field artillery even. A young man that worked for me joined the Marines a few years ago and spent some time at Fort Sill. Small world. Best of luck to your daughter, may the good Lord keep her safe and keep her on the path to sucess. Thank you for your service.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links