Any other Jeep Cherokee drivers on here? - Page 2

Any other Jeep Cherokee drivers on here?

This is a discussion on Any other Jeep Cherokee drivers on here? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I looked at a couple of XJ's that are for sale today. Neither one really did it for me. One was a 99, 4 door. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Any other Jeep Cherokee drivers on here?

I looked at a couple of XJ's that are for sale today. Neither one really did it for me. One was a 99, 4 door. All stock. But who ever had it kept it up pretty well but it has 210,000 miles on it.

The other was a 97, 4 door as well, not is quite as good a shape body wise, a few dings and such but it's a Jeep so those aren't dings and scratches, they are personality and scars. This one had just 185,000 on it.

Both had the 4.0L and were 4x4. I'm holding out for a 2 door right now though. I really love the 2 doors.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Administrator
    I'd hold out and get what you want. If you settle, you'll never be happy with it. But, a two door in good condition is hard to come by. I prefer the 4 door myself.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I had a mostly stock 2001 sport with a five speed and 31 10.5 R15 BFG AT tires. I loved how it would go through the mud but I had too many problems with it and got rid of it after 3 or 4 years. I have never owned a better 4X4 vehicle but as for reliability it was a turd.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Looked at another one today. '99 with 242,000 miles on it. Still sounds like it's new. It is in amazing shape. I may go back and look at it again Monday.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I'm just about done putting a head on my wife's 89. The head on the 4.0 cracked. I bought a set of steel 16 inch wheels and it really opens up the selection of tires, especially snow tires. It's got a 4 inch lift, I would have preferrred stock height as it's her car, not our wheeler. I have a 68 Jeepster Commando with a 455 Buick, T-400, 35s, etc. After cracking the frame a few times i have about half completed it's replacement, using mostly full sized waggy parts and a fully boxed frame, 360, fuel injection, T-400, quadra-trac, 4.11 gears with lockers.

f391.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links