Any other Jeep Cherokee drivers on here?

This is a discussion on Any other Jeep Cherokee drivers on here? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I LOVE my Cherokee. It's a 2 door, '94. It is a basic model and I am looking now for a 2 door 4x4, hopefully ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Any other Jeep Cherokee drivers on here?

I LOVE my Cherokee. It's a 2 door, '94. It is a basic model and I am looking now for a 2 door 4x4, hopefully I can find one before winter really hits here in Indiana. I'd like to really off road the next one up.

I was looking at the Cherokee forum tonight and there is a thread there titled "what gun do you carry" that has lots of reply's and it got me wondering how many of the members here may actually drive a Cherokee as well.

So, let's hear from the Cherokee owners out there in Defensivecarry-land. What year is yours and what have you done to it?

Mine is a 1994, 2 door, 2.5L. Like I said, a basic model. I have owned 4 other Cherokees in the past and will be buying number 6 soon.

And for anyone who is a Cherokee owner who may not know about the forum I talked about, it is:
    Jeep Cherokee Forum

I'm a member there. Same screen name too.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have a 2002 4 door 4x4. We have had very few problems with it (knock on wood) other than the famous Jeep windows. It isnt really necessary since we have moved to AZ, it was far more necessary when we still lived in UT but we love it none the less. Havent done anything to it as it does everything I need it for just as is.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I have a 2010 Jeep Liberty which is still called a Cherokee in other counties lol
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
    I have a 2002 4 door 4x4. We have had very few problems with it (knock on wood) other than the famous Jeep windows. It isnt really necessary since we have moved to AZ, it was far more necessary when we still lived in UT but we love it none the less. Havent done anything to it as it does everything I need it for just as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I have a 2010 Jeep Liberty which is still called a Cherokee in other counties lol
    I'm going to assume you BOTH have Liberties since the Cherokee was discontinued after the 2001 model year. I'm really only looking for XJ owners. Sorry guys....I have nothing against the Liberty, or any other JEEP model, but my interest lies strictly with the Cherokee XJ.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2001 XJ. 4.0L 153,000 miles. All I've done is change the oil and brakes. Everything is stock. I've gone offroading with it stock and never got stuck. I use Winter Force tires. Wish they still made the XJ.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk
    TN_Mike likes this.

VIP Member
    Had a 1998 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 360cu engine, great running truck and fun to drive until I ran over a Chevy S-10 and totaled it. I then got a 2001 Grand Cherokee with the V-8 kept it for three years and traded it for a Toyota 4-Runner. I did have some problems with the 2001 but they were fixed under warranty.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

97XJ with about 6 inches of lift, on 35's with 4.88's and detroits front and back. Internal cage (to protect me), and front exo (to protect the engine bay) tied into the roofrack and frame rails (to stiffen up the pseudo frame to the A pillar tie in and prevent cracks). Oh yeah... 4:1 terra low and a 2 low kit. I think that about covers the major stuff ;)

Administrator
    I had a 99 Limited, I kept it pretty much stock with the exception of some Bilstiens for a better ride, some true A/T tires and a roof rack. don't know why I got rid of it. Then I had an 06 Liberty for a while- it was a cheap 4x4 we used as a third car. It ended up being a daily driver for me when I sold my Speed6. (awesome car btw) Now, I went with another limited, but sprung for the El Grande model. If they still made the xj, I would have bought it- they are great wagons.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I own a 2000, 4 door, 4.0 liter, 4x4 with a 2 inch lift and k&N cool air intake nothng radical just a good back up vehicle we bought it new and its setting at 150,000 miles and all I've done is the normal up keep tires brakes oil ect and its a tank off road does really well
    TN_Mike likes this.

93 Grand Cherokee Larado, 6cyl. Had it for about 7yrs. Front brakes, hoses, calipers & pads replaced twice. Both front windows had problems-regulator issues-they freeze shut in winter and if you hit the down button, breaks the plastic junk in there...don't-wait until it warms up first. Replaced those small pulley wheels up front, battery about 5 times cause short keeps eating them-hence battery shut off. Transmission worked on once ($800) cause valve stuck and no high gear). Replaced motor mounts & transmission mounts. Most things plastic on them tend to BREAK. Dealer recall for shifter (fixed shifter detent lever making it stiffer) cause it could pop in reverse and drive over you while unloading the back. (yours may have the recall-don't stand behind it with running until sure fixed or make sure set parking break (my break also broke...the push button got stuck in and luckily pulled it out with pliars or would have been stranded). Think Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket...LOL. I still really like the thing and the 4x4 ability with it is unmatched by anything I've ever seen. It would crawl up/down most anything if it can be done-awesome in snow. Personally I like the 1911A-1 in .45acp because it has excellent knock-down power. I also carry a Ruger P95DC sometimes (you really cannot beat the Ruger company for the price/value and they don't break/have problems like most other guns do). You should really get a 4x4...you'll enjoy it "much" more than the 4x2. There are reasons that most of our park service, police and government agencies use them...they can go almost anywhere.

I've had three (plus one YJ). The best was a '94 Sport 4.0; probably would still be going if my son hadn't tried to run it without any coolant! Had two others (both Cherokee's, not Grands) since, but neither was as good. After the last one (transmission went out after three years, AC went out after two), I reluctantly bid Jeep adieu.

But have to admit I always look twice when I see a mid-90's Cherokee on sale!

Just got my wife one this past spring,a '96 Grand Cherokee ZJ, burgundy 4x4 with a 318ci. SWMBO LOVES it and has 'rediscovered' mud.

I'm having electrical issues with it though...... the gage cluster keeps 'blanking' out (and occosionaly restarting itself) while driving. Sometimes the AC won't work while the cluster is 'out'......sometimes it does. Strange.
    I posted this issue on the jeep fourm, under the same name... ended up being pointed to the BCM........'sigh'
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I'm going to assume you BOTH have Liberties since the Cherokee was discontinued after the 2001 model year. I'm really only looking for XJ owners. Sorry guys....I have nothing against the Liberty, or any other JEEP model, but my interest lies strictly with the Cherokee XJ.
    I have a WJ, it was made from 99-04. cant say I have any experience with the Liberty but know several people that do have them that havent been pleased.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I have wanted a Wrangler my entire life but recently I noticed someone at work drives a new Liberty and MAN! They look good! I don't know when they changed the body style but they look a lot nicer than they used to.

I really want to buy a Jeep but it's hard to justify. My car is paid for and gets 30-38mpg...If I buy the Jeep I want I'll have a huge payment and get 15mpg.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
    I have a WJ, it was made from 99-04. cant say I have any experience with the Liberty but know several people that do have them that havent been pleased.
    Like most things, the earlier models were not great. The later KJ's are actually pretty good.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links