Any LP/Propane gas installers here? Need to ask some questions. - Page 2

Any LP/Propane gas installers here? Need to ask some questions.

This is a discussion on Any LP/Propane gas installers here? Need to ask some questions. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I installed a 65,000 BTU Williams console in my home, love it and runs without power, which is common here when it snows.They make smaller ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I installed a 65,000 BTU Williams console in my home, love it and runs without power, which is common here when it snows.They make smaller versions, check Amazon for pricing
    I would stay away from ventless units, it's not hard to install one properly and it's nice to wake up in the morning. The portables I was using while finishing up my house last nov-dec were making me sick. Once you get over the cost of the "B vent" tubing, the installation is pretty easy. I went to school on the Monitor kerosene units , they install fast with one hole bored through the wall, but they are not cheap to buy.
    A few links,

Console Room Heaters

http://www.cozyheaters.com/pdfs/prod...oleHeaters.pdf

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Be very careful re the CO. I had some friends who had a hibachi in their race car trailer on a cold night and it damn near killed them.
    This exact situation kiled a man and his grandaughter at an event nearby a few weeks ago.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Do I need the two stage regulator for the 20 lb tank, or only for the large 125 gallon tanks?

And, do you know of any vented space heater that doesn't cost two arms and three legs---
    Yep you still need the regulator, no matter what tank you use because tank pressure is independent of tank size. A 1000 gallon tank or a P20 cylinder; a full tank or nearly empty tank will exert approximately the same pressures. The pressure inside a tank is at least 50 times higher than the pressures specified for most has appliances.

I am not super familiar with equipment in that catagory, I really don't know.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I installed a 65,000 BTU Williams console in my home, love it and runs without power, which is common here when it snows.They make smaller versions, check Amazon for pricing
    I would stay away from ventless units, it's not hard to install one properly and it's nice to wake up in the morning. The portables I was using while finishing up my house last nov-dec were making me sick. Once you get over the cost of the "B vent" tubing, the installation is pretty easy. I went to school on the Monitor kerosene units , they install fast with one hole bored through the wall, but they are not cheap to buy.
    A few links,

Console Room Heaters

http://www.cozyheaters.com/pdfs/prod...oleHeaters.pdf

This would be exactly what I need and the right price range if I could get my gas dealer to install something I buy. It is vented so it meets code, doesn't cost $2,200 bucks (roughly half). Great tip.

What's that about Monitor kerosene units?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    FOR BBQ-- yes, I now I need a regulator regardless of the tank size. What I am having trouble understanding is exactly what regulator would work off the 20 lb tanks: I see ads for a bazillion different
    regulators and don't know what I would actually need, and some are not 2 stage; and even among the 2 stage there is wide price and feature variation.

Maybe all of this is moot. The unit Arborigine pointed out would be ideal and is starting to get into
    my price range if I can get my dealer gas to install it for me. (I bet they'd charge double that for the same unit if they bought it and resold it to me.)
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links