New show 'Terra Nova' - they seem way under-gunned for dinos - Page 2

New show 'Terra Nova' - they seem way under-gunned for dinos

This is a discussion on New show 'Terra Nova' - they seem way under-gunned for dinos within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Brass63 The show has a bit of a 'green' agenda to it. I doubt we'll see many dino casualties at all. To ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New show 'Terra Nova' - they seem way under-gunned for dinos

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    The show has a bit of a 'green' agenda to it.
    I doubt we'll see many dino casualties at all.
    To kill dinosaurs for being what they are, just wouldn't be right.
    My bet is that the focus will be on non-lethal solutions.

Yep, I'm inclined to agree with this. There is definitely a 'green' thing happening here. But then you gotta wonder why they just didn't go back a couple of million years, when there weren't any dinos around. I guess the dinos are good for ratings, whereas boring little mammals wouldn't be quite so good, heheh.

Still, I mostly like the show.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I have been watching the show. i love it and I agree it is light on firepower. No Tanks or real armor. No 5o cal Ma duce.
    no barret 50. So i guess it is cal green no hitting dino with a squad weapon. So it also has a bad protective wall no killzone or safe area. no road block just open road into the gate. and the wall can be ducked under and kids can walk into the (otg ) out side the gate) what stops the little dinos with teeth and claws from coming in? Maybe they think if we kill the big dinos the little one will have no one keeping them in control so we should keep the circle of life going. But if my kids were going to live in that world i would have a large area fo no killing dinos in it and a defence in rings 5 miles out and ten miles out it's a big world. they can have dinos 10 miles from my kids no closer. and I would beat the crap out of my son if he One talk like that to me and then went out in the woods and got people hurt and we had to risk other people to save them .
    I would not be giving hugs. If he did not like it go live some where else. also the sixers I would set a trap and when they showed up I would not be letting them go. What are they shooting airsoft guns hit them in the belly my butt hit them in the eyes and blind them if nothing will go past their hide. AND where are the almost nude girls in dino skins.
    great show needs more funny stuff like a little kid hitting a T-rex in the eye with a mud ball from in side the wall and the t-rex on the outside. or some thing be glad i am not a writer it would be a doomed show.

The series has me bent, any time you open in full auto with a .308 on a cow sized Dino... the ony question should be is if it tastes like chicken.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Administrator
    Well now the thought is that the depiction of living dinosaurs is incorrect and that dinosaurs were actually feathered & they were in the bird family & not reptiles. So there is a good possibility that they did taste like chicken...or rather that chickens tasted like them.

Not KFC - JFD
    JURASSIC FRIED DINOSAUR <~~~
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    WAY WAY WAY undergunned for Dino.

The SMALLEST thing I would think of carrying to run a Dino off would be something like a long-barrel 500mag. Maybe as small as a .454. Or, a couple DEs. .50AE!! (If 'tiny little' Lara Croft can dual wield them, why can't a big burly man??) If I have a vehicle, I'm loading Ma Deuce, and tying the belts together.

Last edited by RevolvingMag; October 11th, 2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Forgot a good one. Fixed now, sorry.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    If it were me I would think an M61A1 Vulcan would be nice to have around incase of a dino attack.

M61 Vulcan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I've been watching the last four episodes or so.

Definitely written by very Liberal writers. A lot of the time they're shooting their assault rifles at the Slashers and whatever else, and the dinos back off like "Ow--that stings". They've also use some sort of sonic-based turrets from the walls, and sonic-based rifles. In the last episode, however, I DID see the Commander shoot down a raptor-type dino with an SMG that seemed to shoot real rounds (tracers, looked like), and killed it so they could examine the contents of its stomach.

Pretty silly, though. Especially in the first couple of episodes, where the guns seemed to have zero effect at all.

Oh, and their futuristic armored carriers were being ripped open like tin cans.

I'd think that even just .308s would be effective on most of the dinos. Imagine if they had shotguns for that episode where the pterodactyls kept attacking the market.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    If it were me I would think an M61A1 Vulcan would be nice to have around incase of a dino attack.

M61 Vulcan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'll take a MK-19 for the win!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links