Oh God!!! The Post Office!!!

This is a discussion on Oh God!!! The Post Office!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Scenario: LONG LONG Line out the door at the local P.O. with grumpy \"grinchlike\" folks mailing out X-Mas cards & packages. I am in ...

Thread: Oh God!!! The Post Office!!!

Administrator

The Scenario:
    LONG LONG Line out the door at the local P.O. with grumpy \"grinchlike\" folks mailing out X-Mas cards & packages. I am in that line.
    Questions:
    (1) - At what exact age do senior citizens become totally unable to purchase more than one freakin'little postage stamp at a time?????!!!!
    (2) - WHY does it take 10 FULL minutes to select/buy that one stamp?!?

Comment: If they are on such a \"tight budget\" then why do they always pay for ONE STAMP with a $20.00 bill??? & then count their change TWICE? Are they afraid that they will die suddenly overnight & some surviving undeserved family member will be able to mail a few letters out \"for free\" on their Earthly remaining postage stamps???
    I just don\'t understand it. Forgive my rant.

Forgive my rant
    Rant forgiven

P.S. I really like your avatar.

Administrator

Thanks

That Avatar was originally an old painted poster that I found floating around somewhere on the web. The digital photo of it was slightly soiled & with some dark water spots & mildew/age ??? spots also.
    I \"cleaned it up\" on my computer & posted it (full size) on a few other forums because I loved it so much.
    I LOVE Kids, Dogs, Guns, & America & so it\'s perfect for me.
    AND...speaking of great avatars...I just called my loving wife into our kitchen to look at the photo of your \"picture perfect\" child. What a great, classic photo! :)

DC Founder
    Originally posted by QKShooter
    Forgive my rant.
    You don\'t have to ask for our forgiveness here, that\'s exactly what this area is for. Rant daily; it makes you feel better ;)

Kahrman
    It\'s true, every word QKShooter said :D

Old people do stuff like that, it doesn\'t matter if its the post office or grocery store. Have you ever noticed an elder standing in the doorway with the grocery cart and a hand out like they really are looking for their change??? Its just an age thing.....! They do worse things and we just have to help them throught the day. :D

Old People

Rant now.... x-years from now it\'ll seem normal !:D

don\'t get me started on the Elderly and driving...

~A

QK,
    Being only 34, I know where you are coming from. When my grandfather was alive, he had retired from RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company here in Winston-Salem, NC

He had a very healthy retirement and did not belive in a bank to KEEP his money. He paid cash for everything and if he didn\'t have the cash on him, he didn\'t buy it. He would go back home to his \"stash\" and drive back to get whatever it was he wanted, THAT DAY. My grandmother used to work at the local postoffice in Walkertown where they both lived. I never thought about it until just now after reading your post but you are oh so correct. Why would anyone that carries that much cash around buy only one stamp you ask? He told me a long time agon when I was around 8 years old that you need to buy only what you need and save your money for what you may want. While I did not adhere to that word of wisdom, I do understand. We live in a totally different society today and I think from time to time, what are these elderly people thinking with today\'s technology and the \"ways\" of today. But you know, they all seem to push forward and continue to do things as they did 30 years ago.

I keep that in mind when I see an elderly person buying one stamp with a $20 bill and just laugh. You have to give them credit for not giving up. At least I do.:kay:

1943 - 2009
    You guys are gonna get old too, someday.

Agreed Mr. Crunch getting old is one of the good parts of life. Nothing like getting everyone riled up be hind you at the store while you fish for exact change. :kay:

Sponsored Links