Car got stolen

Car got stolen

This is a discussion on Car got stolen within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I went outside today to head off to school. Then decided I would stay home when my car was gone . I hate this feeling. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Car got stolen

Car got stolen

I went outside today to head off to school. Then decided I would stay home when my car was gone. I hate this feeling. In the last 3 years I have had my car broken into, my house broken into and my car stolen twice. I thought moving out of Cleveland would solve this problem but i guess not.

I had a club but had left it on the back seat since I live in the suburbs now. OOPS. Boy am I kicking myself for that one. Don't really know if one of those on the wheel would help much, but I know it wouldn't hurt.

Part of me hopes to get the car back soon, the other half hopes it stays gone. This is the second time in 6 months. It came back fine last time, but will I be that lucky again?

This just sucks. Figured I would complain on here a bit before my girlfriend gets sick of listening.

Sounds like you got a little black cloud following you around. That really sucks man.

You sure your girlfriend doesn't have an ex-boyfriend who might have a grudge?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Of course it doesn't help you right now, but ... While random acts do happen, especially given the number of instances you have had, perhaps you should try to evaluate if you are doing anything that could be triggering these events? For example, did you leave anything that looks like it might be valuable in your car?

Is that you Joe Btfsplk?

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    As a former Private Investigator I hate the phrase "I had my _____ stolen/broken into" or similar. It almost sounds like you had something to do with it being stolen/broken into. I know that is not the case here but think about how it sounds. This is the way many good guys end up in jail by mistake. Some cops will take a statement like that completely out of context and bend it till you have no idea what you actually said or meant. BTW many years ago I was doing late night mobile security patrol for the security company I worked for. My car was parked on the street in front of the security office building. I made my check of the building and left. About 15 minutes later I heard over the police scanner in the patrol car that a police officer discovered my car broken into. It turned out that my Cobra 29LTD cb radio had been ripped from the dashboard. We never found out who did it or get the radio back.

I am usually good about removing an valuables from the vehicle. Can't even think of something that would have been visible. I make a point of stopping home before work to drop my textbooks off. That is to avoid situations like this.

Considered the grudge thing, but can't think of anyone... Regardless I think its a good time to assess some things.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Good luck man, hope it turns out fine. I've lived in the very close suburbs of Dayton for the last year now and thankfully nothing like this has happened. Our area seems pretty quiet, and the worst thing that has happened is one night apparently a bunch of guys used a truck to steal our elderly neighbors huge cast iron flower cauldron in her front yard (never found out who). Heres to hoping this is the last time you have to deal with this problem.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I guess today is not the day to buy a lottery ticket...hopefully your insurance will cover any damage.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

sorry for your loss. one question what kind of car was it?
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Chrysler Sebring. Very Classy...

I think it may be time for a lotto ticket. My luck is bound to change and that may just be when.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    ... did you leave anything that looks like it might be valuable in your car?
    Just his Club. Maybe someone needed it to secure their own vehicle.
    zeppelin03 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member
    Bummer.

My mom and dad's car was stolen, and a short time later they were about to pick up an insurance co. check....one more call to the police, and miracle of miracles it was in the impound lot. FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS. It seems like someone should have connected the dots on that seeing as how they had an official police report and everything.

SO if you don't want the car back, cash that check quickly.

I was a few days shy of a check on the last one.

Will see if it shows up. If not I have a friend who claims to be able to get me a deal at his dealership.

That sucks.

My family had a car broken into one, turns out a little couple little punks from the neighborhood broke into it, and took the radio that had cost $100 4 years before.

But that actually messed them up, because they burglarized a couple of other places. And when the cops tracked them down, the serial number on the radio was a clincher.

Hope that it works out well for you.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Cameras ..... a vicious dog sleeping in the back seat at night, and a good and very loud alarm... would really help you prevent this in the future.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links