RANT: What's WRONG here?!?

This is a discussion on RANT: What's WRONG here?!? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One of my favorite quotes.....and I dunno who said it and; " The world was made for those not ncursed with self-awarness. " So, this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: RANT: What's WRONG here?!?

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA

RANT: What's WRONG here?!?

One of my favorite quotes.....and I dunno who said it and; "The world was made for those not ncursed with self-awarness."

So, this lady in Texas is sueing an airline because of turbulence during her 'longer' than normal flight:
    Texas Woman Sues Continental Over Turbulent Flight | Fox News
    Now claiming PTSD because of the bumpy commute, she just can't go on like she used to......

Sueing for her money back, this brain-ie-ack says the movie was NOT like the "Fast and the Furious"
    AND contained anti-Jewish/raceist dialoge.......
    Woman Sues Over Misleading 'Drive' Trailer - Irresistible News Story - WJXT Jacksonville
    Say it ain't so?!? Outta Hollywood??? Just the consulation with a lawer cost more than a movie ticket.

.......and recent bad weather 'held up' this cruise ship from pulling into port:
    Cruise Passenger Threatens Legal Action - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville
    .....you guessed it, threating a lawsuit.

I've flown a few miles.....it ain't always 'smooth', but my landings equal my take-offs, I'm good.

I've seen a 'couple-few' BAD movies....some with 'views' I didn't like or approve of.... chalked up as 'I deserve that' for paying the price of the ticket in the first place.

I'm a sailor (submarines actually), bad weather has held me up from pulling in more than I care to recall...... but my return-to-ports equal my underways...... once again, I'm good. A little late perhaps, but good.

alright, end rant
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

It's been out of hand for so long... people make choices, they need to accept that not everything goes as planned and live in the moment sometimes.

A woman in Minnesota was walking to work one day and a squirrel ran out in front of her, apparently traumatized her. She sued the city because she could no longer bring herself to walk that way to work and it took her extra time now, plus mental damages.

She won.

I didn't follow the links. The titles and short description made me sick enough.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    It's nothing but greed, plain and simple unadulterated greed. "Everyone" has their hand out looking for something for nothing.

A woman in Minnesota was walking to work one day and a squirrel ran out in front of her, apparently traumatized her. She sued the city because she could no longer bring herself to walk that way to work and it took her extra time now, plus mental damages.

She won.
    Sounds to me like the squirrel should have sued for having a crazy B like that cross it's path.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Whats needed is to get rid of worthless attorneys that tell these people they have a case.

The only PTSD she's suffering is "Positive That's Stupid Disorder".

Another of the "Entitled" going for the gusto.
    Gforty and babarock like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Whats needed is to get rid of worthless attorneys that tell these people they have a case.
    I disagree. Attorneys make a living by going to court. They are simply doing what they do. The fault lies with the judge and the courts who actually let these frivolous law suits get to court. We elect judges (or reps to appoint them) to show good judgement, they are at fault.
    Rock and Glock and msgt/ret like this.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    It's nothing but greed, plain and simple unadulterated greed. "Everyone" has their hand out looking for something for nothing.

Sounds to me like the squirrel should have sued for having a crazy B like that cross it's path.
    Right, where the heck is PETA when you need them?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I've flown a few miles.....it ain't always 'smooth', but my landings equal my take-offs, I'm good.
    ^^This^^ ..and two little vodka's and a full can of bloody mary mix for 12 bucks!!! I'm happy!!
    goldshellback likes this.

Submariner (former) here too and I know what you mean. The world we live in operates in the mode of lawsuite avoidance. Wonder what great freedoms/innovations/wonderfull things we are missing out on. Schools don't have jungle gyms anymore.

VIP Member
    Exactly when did the whiners, criers and complainers begin to outnumber the rest of us?
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

The sad fact is that many times the person/company being sued will settle as it will cost less to have the idiot just go away than to work through the legal system. I don't see an end to this waste until we get loser pays all court costs and attorney fees.
    atctimmy and msgt/ret like this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Exactly when did the whiners, criers and complainers begin to outnumber the rest of us?
    When the legal system (Judges/courts) started rewarding them.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Poignant statement. We may be the last of a dying breed.

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    The sad fact is that many times the person/company being sued will settle as it will cost less to have the idiot just go away than to
    work through the legal system. I don't see an end to this waste until we get loser pays all court costs and attorney fees.
    Yep - I think that would put an end to a lot of it right there. Lots of people figure they have nothing to lose, why not waste time going through the court system and trying to mooch off of something.

But the stupidity doesn't end there. What about all of those cases we've heard about where robbers get injured while invading a home and sue the homeowner and win?

It really just amazes me these days that nobody is willing to accept responsibility for anything. Anytime something goes wrong people always point their finger at somebody else. And with good reason. On the few occasions I've seen people accept responsibility for doing something wrong, people all over start calling them all kinds of insulting names. Heck, it even happens on this very forum. So we've created a society of people that cannot ever be at fault for anything unless a court of law says they are.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links