Anyone own one of these watches?

This is a discussion on Anyone own one of these watches? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Official TAWATEC Website - tactical watch technology - | watches with H3 SMW light technology - T25 Anyone recommend this, have comments about? Thanks in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anyone own one of these watches?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Anyone own one of these watches?

For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    To much for my pocket and I am hard on watches but one that has worked for me has been the Uzi Defender and its a EZ reader and there around $45 to $50 and has enough functions for a old guy like me. Gramps once told me a great watch is one that keeps the right time

Ugh, I'm so sick of the word 'tactical'.

Sorry, no experience with one here...

By the way, has anyone seen my tactical golf ball? I could have swore it landed over here somewhere.

sorry no, but they do have one of the most annoying websites I've seen in awhile (IMHO)
    Rock and Glock, wmhawth and hk45c like this.

A friend of mine has 1 and likes it. Personally I wear the UZI and it works great for a lot less.

It wouldn't make my wish list. The website alone eliminates me as a buyer.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I'm a G-Shock man. Mine went with me down to 216ft deep in the Gulf (not by choice). I was tethered to a 100 lbs amberjack via speargun. It still works like a charm and I have a sentimental attachment to it now.

Sorry, I'll stick to my Timex. Like the old commercial used to say... "It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!!!"
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

Wew,don't know about them,it's hard to beat an ironman,I wore and still have my Luminox,but have no need for absolute zero in the some-what civilized world.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I am into watches, and theses look interesting but the website is a very annoying. They ae priced in the Luminox range. I would have to see one live to tell if the markings are any better than others. Anybody have an idea who makes the movement?

And yes, the "tactical" thing is really getting out of hand. I love the tactical golfball line, next thing LA Police gear will sell them with a 5.11 logo.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Way too many markings on the bezel and face for my aging eyes.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I'm don't like spending that much or more on something to just tell the time. Why? 1) my cell phone has the time on it, 2) my sweat is very corrosive and anything not plastic or titanium will get destroyed in short order, 3) I'm not calculating lunar orbit objectives so +/- a couple of minutes is OK, and lastly 4) I loose stuff - $30 Timex = annoyed, $500 Swissy thing = @#@#$%@%@ (and I have to explain to SWMBO where my $500 watch went )
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

I love watches and have several. Could not get into the website to check out the watch. For a rugged watch that will last years, has an in-house automatic movement (no dead batteries to worry about), and has many cool designs-check out Seiko diving watches.

Administrator
    I'm a watch guy too... all I have to say is that you can have a much better watch for the same or even less money.
    "Just blame Sixto"

They pretty much all get the tritium markers from the same manufacturer (mb microtec).

Luminox, UZI, Tracer, H3, and all the rest pretty much use the mb microtec GTLS (gaseous tritium light source) vials. So the main difference in any of them is who manufactures the watch case, what kind of guts they put in, (which is usually a standard quartz Romba Swiss movement).

So mainly they are all about the same quality, it's just a matter of which one is more visually appealing to you, the consumer.

Some companies like Luminox do have larger selections with varying grades (quality) of movements for various price points, as well as models with chronograph movements, plastic cases, all stainless steel cases, and different bands and bracelets.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links