Perpetuating the stereotype...

This is a discussion on Perpetuating the stereotype... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For this and other reasons why I seldom watch TV like that. Hollywood types have always had a strange agenda usually way to the left ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Perpetuating the stereotype...

For this and other reasons why I seldom watch TV like that. Hollywood types have always had a strange agenda usually way to the left of center so I would not be surprised if they latch on to any stereotype and exploit it. Besides, Hollywood is all about money and how much they can make from the stuff they produce.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

With John Wayne, Charlton Heston, and Steve McQueen gone and Clint all that remains, Hollyweird, Commiefornia is a nest of vipers.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

Watched the premiere of "Last Man Standing", Tim Allen's new sitcom. He works in a Cabela's/Gander Mountain/Bass Pro type store. His boss has guns on his office wall and Tim has gone on a few rants about guys that his one of his daughters dates not being able to change a flat tire on a car. He hasn't come across as pro gun but he definately is not likeing some of today's youth and their dependence on others. Pretty funny and Nancy Travis is lookin' good.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve666 View Post
    With John Wayne, Charlton Heston, and Steve McQueen gone and Clint all that remains, Hollyweird, Commiefornia is a nest of vipers.
    We also have Tom Selleck and Bruce Willis.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I wish they would make a show about a Texas gun owner. He works, comes home to his family, loves God and goes to church, his gun has never been fired in anger (although he trains for it just in case) and he pays his "fair share of his taxes" and goes through life as an honorable, America loving man.

Ah, never mind, it would never make it out of the pilot stage.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Just got done watching that episode. I usually like the show, but this episode does seem to be a bit off on a anti gun tangent.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links