Perpetuating the stereotype...

This is a discussion on Perpetuating the stereotype... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That show " The Mentalist " is playing on the telly while the wife and I surf the net. I don't normally watch the show, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Perpetuating the stereotype...

Perpetuating the stereotype...

That show "The Mentalist" is playing on the telly while the wife and I surf the net. I don't normally watch the show, but tonight's episode focuses on a stereotypical "Gun Nut"... A heavily armed guy on the verge of snapping for ideological reasons. They even arrest this guy for carrying concealed, and find out he has a carry permit and have to release him. Then the good guys have to find a reason to arrest him because he's such a danger to society. Of course, this all goes down California.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I made an attempt to like that program.Sadly, he is just another metro sexual character, like the men on the new Hawaii Five -O
    Eagleks likes this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Yeah, it doesn't look like anything I could get into. However, that new show "Person of Interest" is pretty good stuff.
    mr.stuart and babarock like this.

VIP Member
    Just your typical liberal Hollywierd all guns are bad and cause people to instantly run around killing everything in sight mentality.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Just your typical liberal Hollywierd all guns are bad and cause people to instantly run around killing everything in sight mentality.
    No kidding... I find that more than a little hypocritical since ~85% of movies and TV shows feature firearms at some point.

If they can make an argument that guns cause violence, I can make an argument that it's their fault!
    Doghandler likes this.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    You all missed the best part, they searched his home, then the BG went on a shooting rampage with a full auto submachinegun but, he did not kill anyone. Why, how, what; because when they searched his home they replaced all of his ammo with blanks. Freaking retarded (my wife and #2 daughter make we listen) how could you not notice the strange crimp at the end of the cartridge instead of a bullet; plus, I dont think any auto will cycle using blanks unless the weapon is fitted with a BFA. blablabla...
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

They can do about anything on TV or in the movies. Quite a lot of it isn't exactly legal!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I bet he was Christian too.

Senior Moderator
    There is a reason that it is called Hollyweird.

When you have weird people writing weird scripts with weird actors in weird places, you have to expect weird things.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

If you want a show that at least for a moment portrayed gun owner in a positive light, the premiere episode of Prime Suspect. The lead, a female cop in NYC, had a safe full of guns in her apartment. Her boyfriend's ex was "negotiating" letting the BF's kid stay there and was a way out super-safety nut. Got all up in arms about guns in the house and all.

Cut to scene of Jane hauling a bunch of long guns, in soft cases, to her dad's home for temporary storage in one of his safes (well, I though I saw two safes in his place.)
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Last season final he shot and killed man he throught was Red John ,the man who killed he killed his wife and daughter.He did not have a permit to carry .It turned out the man was a serial rapes and maybe a murderer but he was not Red John.Hollywood can be real hypocrites,

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    There is a reason that it is called Hollyweird.

When you have weird people writing weird scripts with weird actors in weird places, you have to expect weird things.
    That's just too much weirdness for me. I knew there was a good reason for never watching TV.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

VIP Member
    If it weren't for sports, I would never watch TV anymore.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

We only have the TV in our bedroom (one in Guest room for guests) I read more than watch TV, most people put the TV on when they are home! Would drive me nuts (more nuts?)

I have DirectTV and they brag about the "hundreds" of channels they offer, but 1/2 of them are usually playing some kind of infomercial.

I do love my Versus & Outdoor channels though! Lock and load Mondays are SWEET!

Gallery of Guns, Guns & Ammo TV, Tac TV, Handguns, and Guns of the World... ALMOST make it worth the $75.00 per month!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links