Big changes at my job.

This is a discussion on Big changes at my job. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Canberra announces $1.2M expansion - Oak Ridge, TN - The Oak Ridger Talking with one of my new bosses today. He is a hunter, talked ...

Thread: Big changes at my job.

Big changes at my job.

Canberra announces $1.2M expansion - Oak Ridge, TN - The Oak Ridger

Talking with one of my new bosses today. He is a hunter, talked about some of the gun laws in New Jersey where he is from He likes the gun laws in TN much better.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

This good news for you? I hope so. If so CONGRATS, but kiss that raise goodbye.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    This good news for you? I hope so. If so CONGRATS, but kiss that raise goodbye.
    Well, we get to keep our current salary, and we still have a job. So it's pretty good news. Will most likely have to travel to New Jersey again later for more training.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Good deal on keeping the job, going to New Jersey...well at least you'll be able to leave.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Good deal on keeping the job, going to New Jersey...well at least you'll be able to leave.
    Yes, but you have to pay to get out of NJ! The Delaware Bridge toll is collected on the South bound span!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Canberra announces $1.2M expansion - Oak Ridge, TN - The Oak Ridger

Talking with one of my new bosses today. He is a hunter, talked about some of the gun laws in New Jersey where he is from He likes the gun laws in TN much better.
    Glad they are expanding. A lot of businesses in Oak Ridge are going in the opposite direction.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    When you travel, depending on where you go in NJ, there are some pretty good restaurants to check out. If you wind up in the northern part, if it is still there, in Rutherford, there is/was a place called The Corner Gourmet, where I had absolutely, hands down, the best fillet mignon ever. On rte 3, just shy of NY, is a good Italian place called Umberto's on the green. Just stay away from The Grasshopper 2, it was on Ramsay's kitchen nightmares. I realized that when watching it and I said to my wife, OMG, I ate there.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    When you travel, depending on where you go in NJ, there are some pretty good restaurants to check out. If you wind up in the northern part, if it is still there, in Rutherford, there is/was a place called The Corner Gourmet, where I had absolutely, hands down, the best fillet mignon ever. On rte 3, just shy of NY, is a good Italian place called Umberto's on the green. Just stay away from The Grasshopper 2, it was on Ramsay's kitchen nightmares. I realized that when watching it and I said to my wife, OMG, I ate there.
    We're going to the Dover, Rockaway area. Been there once already. Found some nice places, including a great Italian family run place called Attilio's. And a place in the Macy's at the mall called Muldoon's.
    Richard M Nixon
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Yes, but you have to pay to get out of NJ! The Delaware Bridge toll is collected on the South bound span!
    Still better than having to stay!
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    They were going to put a toll lane on the north bound lane, until they realized they would have to pay people to use it!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Going semi-off topic, but along the lines of the last few posts:
    And down here ... there is a local radio station where one of the DJs, assuming you can still call them that, does a personality impersonation of 'Junior from Montgomery County' who is portrayed as the stereotypical extreme southern bigot. Every so often something happens and it 'gits the militia a mustering.' One morning their mission was to put a bunch of disabled cars on the south bound lanes of Highway 220, so that way them Yankees could only go north.

Here is one real event: I was working with a friend who originally immigrated from CT. We took a U-Haul with some test equipment from NC down to a small town in NE Georgia. He drove his personal van and I drove the U-Haul with my wife riding shotgun. We stopped at a gas station and I was putting some diesel in the u-haul while he went in to get coffee. He came out and I went in and got coffee too. When I came out, he came up to me and said, "You shouldn't have done that", to which I asked why, what did he mean. He says, "They told me that our kind wasn't welcome in there". I'm thinking, Huh? WTH? I am not sure what he did or said, but they were very cordial to me. All I can figure is that when he walked in there, they said 'Good Morning' and he ignored them, oops. The stinking rattly old U-Haul, by the way, had temp tags from AZ, hand written with magic marker on a piece of corrugated cardboard and I took this thing across 3 states. I certainly would NOT want to try that in NJ.

Links