Another Paco bragging on his Wife thread

This is a discussion on Another Paco bragging on his Wife thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wanted to brag on my Wife again, this time for her ability in signing a song. Part of our homeschool experience is her teaching ...

Thread: Another Paco bragging on his Wife thread

Another Paco bragging on his Wife thread

I wanted to brag on my Wife again, this time for her ability in signing a song. Part of our homeschool experience is her teaching High School ASL I and II. For the "family night" activity for her classes one of them is doing "Dear X" by Disciple. Check out the video she made for her students to copy, outside of classroom instruction.

NOTE: Please forgive the ghosting, I am trying to figure out the best frame rate to use and compression between the camera and the software we use for rendering.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Thumbs up

Dang! That was absolutely great. Of course I cannot grade her on the technical aspect of the Sign Language but, listening to the song & watching her expressions & gestures...she was 100% "right on it" with the music & the beat.

She really should do some complete VIDEO Albums of various hit songs.

I sense a possible successful buisness venture for her. I am serious.

Thanks, QK. She does Interpret for her profession outside the home, but she doesn't think she does that well at doing music. She is making another video for her other class, I'll also post that one as it is a very fun song to hear and I kept chuckling while helping her work out some of the signs to use.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Administrator
    "but she doesn't think she does that well at doing music."

She is being too modest.

I just showed it to my Wife a little bit ago & she thought it was great.

Sort of a neat thing that I never really ever thought about AKA capturing the mood and feeling of a song/music coupled with the lyrics in a fluid sign language.

Very Cool.

Focusing just on her hands and not her face, she puts a lot of expression into them - very much like her hands are dancing. Nicely done!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I gotta say that was great,kinda teared me up,I was thinking that since deaf people can feel,a video with them also touching a speaker would give them the beat along with signing the words,you could be on to something great,might be worth looking into
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. Still, she'd kill me if she knew I put these up here.

Here is the one I just uploaded for her tonight:

-Paco

Nice work

Administrator
    It's pretty neat that watching the video with the sound off the second time I can kinda follow along which is pretty amazing for a guy like me.

It would be interesting to see some kids that actually learn to sing the songs in sign language.

Watching her with the volume off is a great reminder of how we should really appreciate our wonderful and valuable sense of hearing and also a great reminder to invest in high quality hearing protection.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

That Was GREAT! From a cinematic standpoint I think that the ghosting on the first video added a certain dramatic flair to the video.
    Libertas Vel Mors

Links