Woeful inefficiency of Government - Colorado DMV - Page 2

Woeful inefficiency of Government - Colorado DMV

This is a discussion on Woeful inefficiency of Government - Colorado DMV within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, since the DMV does not send the new licenses with any sort of tracking, I will likely never know where the true fault lies. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Woeful inefficiency of Government - Colorado DMV

Well, since the DMV does not send the new licenses with any sort of tracking, I will likely never know where the true fault lies.

May have never been processed.

Might be laying on the floor at the process center under a bench.

Might be lost in USPS limbo (I've worked with the sorting machines. They are cool, but when they decide to keep something, they hide it well).

Might have been delivered to the wrong address, and is now being used by someone else to do god knows what under my name.

May have been delivered on Spam Wednesday (when all the sale flyers show up) and inadvertently thrown out (although my wife is one of those "extreme coupon" type persons, so that is unlikely).

Note to self - send out a "Fraud Notice" to the credit agencies about this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I once mailed a check to pay the rental on my post office box. The check got lost in the mail.
    Holdcard likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I once mailed a check to pay the rental on my post office box. The check got lost in the mail.
    That sounds like A Steven Wright joke.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Woefully understated. There can't be a more inefficient agency on God's green earth. Queue up before the doors open and bring your lunch with you if you intend to renew in person. Better plan on taking the day off from work as well.
    This sound ominous; I just moved to W. Colorado and since my Missouri CCW is tied directly to my DL I have been putting off changing my DL until my CO CCW came in. Well I got the call this morning and was planning on picking it up and then going to DMV for the DL, maybe I should take a sleeping bag.

The DMV callback yesterday asked me if maybe I tossed it in the tax pile, since that seems to be the most common thing people do with letters from Colorado Department of Revenue.
    That is very funny actually.

Thank Hickenlooper for the great service too, and the OWS idiots in Denver.

We go to the DL store in Canon City - 10 minutes versus 2-4 hours in Colorado Springs. Yep. 10 minutes.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    That sounds like A Steven Wright joke.
    I know, but it's true. I found out that they hadn't received the check when they locked me out of my mailbox. The really sad thing is that the check was actually mailed in the same post office that the box is located in. All they had to do was look at the envelope and go "Hey, it's for us!!"

Of course they don't do that though. Since it's a satellite office, all the mail is scooped up in bags and hauled to the distribution center where it is sorted and the mail for that office is then returned to the office it originated from. I stopped payment on the check (which was never cashed) and the envelope never showed up even though my return address was on it.

Now I pay everything online or in person. I use the postal service to mail cards at the holidays.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

What's the online renewal you speak about? With all the REALID crap, I have to carry a filefolder full of documents to my DMV when next I must renew.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

You could use your Chucky Cheese VIP card
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

"Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done."
    Andy Rooney.

OK, I am mostly calmed down from my incident.

Arrive at the DMV @ 7:30 on Tuesday, (opens at 8) and I am 10th in line. 8:15 I get to the window and go through all the BS, proof of identity, proof of residence, vision test, questionnaire, etc. Then I get sent to another window to turn in my old license "They will call you when they are ready".

8:30 I get called back up to go get my photo. I wait in line for 15 minuets, get my pic taken, then I hear this,

Your new license will be mailed to you. If you have not received it in 30 days, come back and see us.

I tell the clerk, "You do realize that is why I am here in the first place?"

I swear to the gods if this happens again, I will plant my butt in the DMV and refuse to leave until they hand me my license.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links