Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I turned on the TV once, there was far to much avoidable BS, so I just turned it back off. Anybody want to watch football?...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead

Administrator
    I turned on the TV once, there was far to much avoidable BS, so I just turned it back off. Anybody want to watch football?
    limatunes likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Not to mention that the TV is what creates zombies in the first place.
    TN_Mike and wmhawth like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    One of the motivations for limiting the guns to some of these people had more to do with their inexperience with firearms in general, which is much more clearly discussed in the comic books. Andrea was also suicidal at the end of season 1, which was Dale's motivation, besides being somewhat of a controlling personality. Once they receive basic instruction in firearm skills, and the 4 rules we all adhere, then they will be armed. It's easy to judge that scene as some liberal Hollywood agenda, however, i think that over simplifies what was actually taking place. I for one would not want anyone with limited firearm experience watching my back! As far as Shane not putting the Glock back together, well, that was just stupid, and BTW, this far into the comics, Shane was already dead, shot by little Carl (Rick's son) because he was about to shot Rick in the back. And I keep wondering if we will see Carl armed, in the comic he was armed early on, and knew how to use the gun he was given. But I guess that was too much for Hollywood to handle!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

In a situation like that, the first thing I would do is get some military tech. I'm watching this and wondering why they just walk by all of these (seemingly) perfectly good tanks sitting in the street. Oh well. Real life makes for boring tv.
    limatunes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    One of the motivations for limiting the guns to some of these people had more to do with their inexperience with firearms in general, which is much more clearly discussed in the comic books. Andrea was also suicidal at the end of season 1, which was Dale's motivation, besides being somewhat of a controlling personality. Once they receive basic instruction in firearm skills, and the 4 rules we all adhere, then they will be armed. It's easy to judge that scene as some liberal Hollywood agenda, however, i think that over simplifies what was actually taking place. I for one would not want anyone with limited firearm experience watching my back! As far as Shane not putting the Glock back together, well, that was just stupid, and BTW, this far into the comics, Shane was already dead, shot by little Carl (Rick's son) because he was about to shot Rick in the back. And I keep wondering if we will see Carl armed, in the comic he was armed early on, and knew how to use the gun he was given. But I guess that was too much for Hollywood to handle!
    Well thanks for ruining it for us.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

Aww, come on people, thats why we watch this cr#*..to chew it up and spit it out! You know they are going to be a bunch of losers. Did you really think it would be accurate and sane? I like the fact that they are even USING guns in the film. There are'nt many films that even portray them in a favorable light anymore. It's fake! We all know that if it was real, the walking dead would be taking dirt naps!
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

I really like the show, but that was just idiotic. I really disliked the liberal "you have no training so no gun for you" crap.

First off, who the heck walks away from their weapon for no good reason, and especially just leaving it disassembled. So much for his "training." Second, really the only person they disarmed was the lady since nobody else (aside from cops & camper guy) was carrying a firearm. While I understand the need to be careful about making loud noises, maybe they should just train everyone and be set.

As for picking up military weapons and such, yeah I'd have a M4 and as many mags as I could carry! I'd make sure every car had a 12GA and a M4 and as much ammo as they could carry, and keep the rest in the RV. Everyone who was unarmed would get a handgun from a dead police officer or soldier and their web gear/gun belt.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Good show, albeit lame at the same time. Here's my thought, the characters didn't want the women popping off shots at zombies for no good reason (as if the fact that they are ZOMBIES isn't good enough) because it alerts other "walkers" to their location.

I just had a thought as I am typing this, "am I really making a post about zombies?"

I'm out before I start going through puberty again.
    marcclarke likes this.

Hm, as for the Hollyweird/liberal slant--well, probably. But I think the woman who's been disarmed is presented as having a legitimate grievance and is a smart, compelling character. And I can't believe that anyone at the helm of the show thinks people would look at Dale, the camper guy, as anything other than a weak and annoying ween-bucket.

I mean, I think this is SUPPOSED TO LOOK BAD:

I really disliked the liberal "you have no training so no gun for you" crap.
    But maybe I am giving too much credit. Oh, well, I will watch when I get the chance. I love this kind of thing!

I loved Season 1 & was looking forward to Season 2.....first show was lame.
    Ending of show was surprising to say the least.

No guns for "people" in order to not sound the Zombie dinner bell.
    Too much firepower would make defense too easy & make show boring.

I did not read the comic books.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

1911? I was thinking when she blew her zombi daughter's brains out that it looked like a 5900 S&W that I used to have. Personally I would have whipped that guy's butt and got my gun back...

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring View Post
    blades dont jam, or run out of bullets when you need them most, and kill quietly.... while i would still want a gun, the machetes are a great tool... problem is, they should just go for he neck hit...
    Blades wouldn't be for me, not without a dang good bio-hazard suit, not with all that infectious body fluids flying around.

I wonder if "Andrea" will be turned after getting a face full after stabbing Winnebago Walker in the eye with the screw driver.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Not to mention that the TV is what creates zombies in the first place.
    Oh my God what a profound statement!! And I am NOT being sarcastic at all. This is exactly why I want to get out of my current career as a Broadcast TV Engineer. I actually feel bad about keeping the station on the air pumping this crap out to the millions of mind numbed zombie fatties out there who do nothing when they get home but sit on the couch in front of a TV zoned out and consume high calorie junk food all night!!!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I turned on the TV once, there was far to much avoidable BS, so I just turned it back off. Anybody want to watch football?
    Football is for those who don't understand hockey ;). GO BRUINS!
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links