Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I really liked the first season and couldn't wait for season two. So far it's been entertaining to say the least. Just lighten up guys, ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead

I really liked the first season and couldn't wait for season two. So far it's been entertaining to say the least. Just lighten up guys, don't get your underwear all bunched up over a zombie show
    shooterX and Ishmael like this.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

2. Remove Ads

It's entertainment, pure and simple. I enjoy it and don't try and analyze their actions. If I did that I wouldn't be able to watch it anymore. Does everything make sense? No. Does it need to? Again, no. It's a show, it's escapism, it's not reality and I don't treat it as such. Just my $0.02.

I watched 2 episodes and called it quits. I like to avoid shows that would have me be stupider than I actually am. Anyway if I feel like watching zombies I can see the real thing down at Walmart.
    Dadsnugun likes this.

For crying out loud! They had Abrams tanks they could be cruising in! Squash the zombies..who needs guns?
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    For crying out loud! They had Abrams tanks they could be cruising in! Squash the zombies..who needs guns?
    Or Hummers, or any new vehicle (like a NEW RV) from any of the deserted dealerships, but no.... they gotta drive around in a '77 Winnebago!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Or Hummers, or any new vehicle 9like a NEW RV) from any of the deserted dealerships, but no.... they gotta drive around in a '77 Winnibago!
    don't forget a gas guzzling grand cherokee...... a couple APC's or humvees with roof mounted crew served weapons would clear the streets pretty quickly.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    don't forget a gas guzzling grand cherokee...... a couple APC's or humvees with roof mounted crew served weapons would clear the streets pretty quickly.
    Shane showed some semblance of intelligence when he started preparing the gas miser KIA an episode or so back, but your suggestions would work too.

~ Tiger McKee

Tanks & Hummers would make things too easy.....no chance for them to get caught = no suspense or fun for viewers & would make for too dull a show.
    Finally the third show was half-way decent.....hope they continue to improve, not ready to give up on the show yet.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    Tanks & Hummers would make things too easy.....no chance for them to get caught = no suspense or fun for viewers & would make for too dull a show.
    Finally the third show was half-way decent.....hope they continue to improve, not ready to give up on the show yet.
    Exactly, that's why in another thread I wrote if we used common sense, the episodes would only last about 15 minutes.
    Last edited by OD*; November 1st, 2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Spellun'

~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I'm okay with zombie movies and stuff but there's only so much you can do before it seems to start getting repetitive...
    As in every zombie movie after George Romero's Night of the Living Dead?

sorry...carry on...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    As in every zombie movie after George Romero's Night of the Living Dead?

sorry...carry on...
    Or those after White Zombie. First Zombie Movie Ever Made | White Zombie 1932 Download - Zombie Movie Trailer | Zombie Movie Guide

~ Tiger McKee

Bela Lugosi right?! Maybe not...I'll have to refresh my memory but I remember liking White Zombie...had a different premise about zombies than that of the Romero genre if I remember? The traditional slant where the zombies were controlled by someone and sent to do their evil bidding??? It's been so long...Thanks for bringing that one up though!
    Last edited by Dadsnugun; November 2nd, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    Bela Lugosi right?! Maybe not...I'll have to refresh my memory but I remember liking White Zombie...had a different premise about zombies than that of the Romero genre if I remember? The traditional slant where the zombies were controlled by someone and sent to do their evil bidding??? It's been so long...Thanks for bringing that one up though!
    Yes sir, more along the lines of the Haitian Zombie. I think George gets the credit for adding the human flesh craving to the zombie lore.

~ Tiger McKee

By coincidence, just last night I was reading the following articles about "real" zombies in Harper's: An Excerpt from ?I Walked with a Zombie??By Hamilton Morris (Harper's Magazine)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Oh my God what a profound statement!! And I am NOT being sarcastic at all. This is exactly why I want to get out of my current career as a Broadcast TV Engineer. I actually feel bad about keeping the station on the air pumping this crap out to the millions of mind numbed zombie fatties out there who do nothing when they get home but sit on the couch in front of a TV zoned out and consume high calorie junk food all night!!!
    VS. sitting in front of a computer surfing and eating cheetos??
    We're all guilty and if we were smart, we would turn them all off and go out shooting somewhere!
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links