Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead - Page 4

Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OD* Yes sir, more along the lines of the Haitian Zombie. I think George gets the credit for adding the human flesh ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Gun confiscation in The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Yes sir, more along the lines of the Haitian Zombie. I think George gets the credit for adding the human flesh craving to the zombie lore.
    I think so too

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    By coincidence, just last night I was reading the following articles about "real" zombies in Harper's: An Excerpt from ?I Walked with a Zombie??By Hamilton Morris (Harper's Magazine)
    Very good! Now I've got an uncrontrollable urge to run down to the Safeway and buy a Harpers....also stumbled across a reference to The Serpent and the Rainbow which I remember being an interesting flick and now feel compelled to read...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Actually, aside from the 'trying to prevent suicide thing', the main reason they confiscated guns from the non-warriors were to keep them from firing the guns unnecessarily from being spooked or afraid and bringing a herd of zombies on them. They didn't trust the non-warriors to keep their cool and hold their fire. (Not that it's right.)

Season premier of the Walking Dead tonight!! I was so thankful they had to kill off those in the barn...finally slept soundly. Son has had the marathon series on all afternoon, gets my survival skills and blood pressure up just watching the reruns!
    S&W 640-3

This last show was a little different, actually shot a couple of real, non-zombie, low life people. I'm sure there would be plenty of those cruising around in that scenario.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Interesting last scene on tonights mid season premier. Really enjoy the show. Yes there are aspects that make it like every other show. Like those westerns that the guy shoots 17 rds before reloading. So I'm supposed to hate the Duke's movies just for that. Anyway,.the story lines are enjoyable as its not run, kill,.a few die repeat.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Maybe Hershell will change his mind and keep 'em around now that he's seen how the walkers don't die easily. Those lowlife goons wanting to tag along also might be an incentive. The nerve ..threatening and asking for poontang. They had it coming.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

VIP Member
    "The Walking Dead"........is that referring to the zombies or the survivors?

Man, after a couple of episodes I began to root for the zombies........let's just get this over with.

Oh well, it's just entertainment, not a documentary.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Definitely saw something bad coming with the two "Philly guys" at the end: who wouldn't, with all the telegraphing the director was doing? Was really frustrated that Glen wasn't easing his shotgun into position while that little chess game was playing out, but I guess he's just not that kind of character.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Have any of the characters been trained to operate an Abrams? I'm sure its a little more complex than driving a tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Have any of the characters been trained to operate an Abrams? I'm sure its a little more complex than driving a tractor.
    reminds me of this

While watching the latest episode, I had to tell my daughter and her boyfriend that if they stood there in the bar like Glen doing nothing whilst I had to take down the human vultures, I would be retraining them in the use of weapons and target acquisition with the pointy end of my boot.

And, as with all shows, it is light entertainment.

Of course, like many of you, I do tend to talk to my TV when they are acting particularly stupid. Uhm, we are gonna go unarmed because the Farmer says it is his place? I think I will just be moving down the road a tad then, because I am not gonna be Zombie fodder because he is an anti-gun nut.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    While watching the latest episode, I had to tell my daughter and her boyfriend that if they stood there in the bar like Glen doing nothing whilst I had to take down the human vultures, I would be retraining them in the use of weapons and target acquisition with the pointy end of my boot.

And, as with all shows, it is light entertainment.

Of course, like many of you, I do tend to talk to my TV when they are acting particularly stupid. Uhm, we are gonna go unarmed because the Farmer says it is his place? I think I will just be moving down the road a tad then, because I am not gonna be Zombie fodder because he is an anti-gun nut.

In real life the farmer would have been dispatched and the farm taken over the 1st time he mentioned for them to leave.

ErnieWillis

In real life the farmer would have been dispatched and the farm taken over the 1st time he mentioned for them to leave.
    Too true....too true....

But the lead is supposed to be a cop, so he tries to keep his value system, I guess.

However, I am 100% behind his now slightly crazy former police partner, with the exception that I would not have let the Zombies outta the barn. I would be in the rafters shooting down and dispatching the caged critters.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Yeah, I was thinking, "just set the barn on fire." But that wouldn't have allowed for the dramatic sighting of the [trying too avoid too much of a spoiler here] final zombie.

I don't know...... the thought of Flaming Zombies breaking out of the barn and THEN being dispatched sounds pretty entertaining too!

And best TV Video shot ever..... Daryl Dixon letting loose his final shot with the shotgun straight on into the camera..... flames pouring from the hot barrel.

Daryl Dixon.jpg
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links