How Many Of Your Personalities LOVE Guns? - How Many HATE Them?

This is a discussion on How Many Of Your Personalities LOVE Guns? - How Many HATE Them? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "Sybil" was Hoax That Became Accepted Science (Sound Familiar?) October 17, 2011 RUSH: Something in the New York Post yesterday, a story by Kyle Smith. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 3 Post By OD*

Thread: How Many Of Your Personalities LOVE Guns? - How Many HATE Them?

Administrator

How Many Of Your Personalities LOVE Guns? - How Many HATE Them?

"Sybil" was Hoax That Became Accepted Science (Sound Familiar?)
    October 17, 2011

RUSH: Something in the New York Post yesterday, a story by Kyle Smith. You remember the woman who had personality disorder, Sybil? Made a movie out of it?
    Total hoax.
    A total fraud.
    Never happened.
    Made up by the author and some psychiatrists for fun and profit. And since then there have been 40,000 cases of multiple personality disorder diagnosed. After the story of Sybil was published, multiple personality disorder became an officially recognized diagnosis, 40,000 unfortunate patients being diagnosed. Sybil was a real person, but her case and her story was a 100%, 24-karat hoax. And Kyle Smith wrote about it in the New York Post yesterday.
    So here we have a real-life recent case of an agenda-driven hoax becoming scientific consensus and a popularly accepted concept that real decisions were based on. Sound familiar? Sound familiar, folks? Does it not sound exactly like what's happened with global warming? "'Sybil,' the shocking true story of a woman shattered into 16 distinct personalities that helped her to dig up repressed memories of monstrous childhood sexual abuse, sold nearly 7 million copies when it was published in 1973. A serialized version ran in newspapers around the nation as readers gasped at 'scenes of Sybilís demented mother defecating on lawns, conducting lesbian orgies and raping her daughter with kitchen utensils. This kind of sex and perversion had never before been published on the "womenís" pages,' writes author Debbie Nathan in a new book. 'Sybil' was adapted into an Emmy-winning 1976 TV miniseries starring Sally Field and Joanne Woodward that was viewed by one-fifth of the American public. And it was an utter fraud.
    In her darkly absurd new account, 'Sybil Exposed: The Extraordinary Story Behind the Famous Multiple Personality Case,' Nathan draws on a cache of letters at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice that reveals how three women (all now dead) created what they called 'Sybil Inc.' for fun, fame and profit."

It was all a scam. It was all a scam. "Sybilís real name was Shirley Mason. She was a jittery girl who grew up quivering in a Minnesota family of Seventh-day Adventists who believed that the world was about to end and that any fiction divorced from Godís truth was a sin. As a little girl, she was so terrified of Godís watchful eye that, when she made up stories, she hid this habit from her parents. She was also made to participate in a health fad of the day, the 'internal bath,' or enema. She developed a germ phobia and at one point examined her hands obsessively.

"As a student in New York City in the 1950s, she met a Park Avenue therapist named Cornelia 'Connie' Wilbur. The two women adored each other even as Connie gradually got Shirley hooked on a series of 'therapeutic' drugs, many of them new and seemingly wondrous, including Seconal, Demerol, Edrisal and Daprisal. (The last two were so addictive that they were soon banned.) Connie also strongly believed in giving patients Pentothal, which invariably got them blabbing, sometimes about fantasies that could not possibly have occurred.

"Still, the drug was widely believed to be a 'truth serum.' One day, Shirley started talking about blackouts in which, she claimed, she became others with various names and personalities -- Peggy Lou, Peggy Ann, Vicky, etc. Fascinated, Connie offered, 'Would you like to earn some money?' She suggested that her patient could be the subject of a book. Connie offered to pay Shirleyís medical-school tuition and living expenses. The personality split was a lie, Shirley confessed in a five-page 1958 letter that sits in the archives at John Jay. She said she was 'none of the things I have pretended to be.'
    Shirley continued, 'I do not have any multiple personalities ... I do not even have a "double" ... I am all of them. I have essentially been lying ... as trying to show you I felt I needed help ... Quite thrilling. Got me a lot of attention.'"

Okay, fine and dandy. Big deal. No, it is a big deal because this is exactly how we're being played. How many other hoaxes and frauds, particularly in psychotherapy? What about ADD, attention deficit disorder, restless leg syndrome, all of these things, all of these maladies. I know, even now as you listen to me you're getting mad at me. If you have restless leg, "It's real, Rush!" Attention deficit disorder, parents, just telling you, folks -- (interruption) all women have multiple personality disorder if you want to get down to brass tacks, but not in a clinical sense. You never know what you're gonna get from day to day, but I mean that's the fun of it, that's the stereotypical caricature. These people perpetrated a hoax. Forty thousand women were diagnosed with this thing.

Let me put it this way, it's not hard to find people who want to believe they're screwed up and need help. You know how easy that is? And you know how profitable it is? You know how many people that are easily manipulated, tell 'em that they're screwed up 'cause everybody thinks they're screwed up and everybody wants to be fixed from it. And everybody thinks it's a trip to the shrink away or a drug or what have you. If you look at this again the way it all shook out, after the story of Sybil was published, multiple personality disorder became an officially recognized diagnosis, 40,000 patients were diagnosed with this. It doesn't exist. It turns out the story of Sybil was a 100% hoax. So here we have a real live recent case of an agenda-driven hoax becoming scientific consensus, quote, unquote, and a popularly accepted concept that real decisions were based on, real lives were affected.

I have to tell you, I was not surprised whatsoever. The lack of trust that I have for anything, any institution dominated by liberals is hard to quantify. My level of distrust is so high -- media, science, education, I don't care where you go, those people have corrupted and polluted every institution they run, and we see the results wherever we look in this country. The United States Congress, the White House, you name it, wherever they have dominated for a significant amount of time, you have perverse corruption, lies, outright fraud and hoaxes all for the express purpose of controlling people, all because they want to control everybody.

Now, who do you think is in charge of this stupid Occupy Wall Street thing? The same bunch of fraudsters, the same bunch of liars, the same bunch of hoaxers. Nothing is real. With anywhere dominated by liberals, nothing is real. If there is a liberal political agenda attached to it, it isn't real.

2. Remove Ads

All of my 100 personalities LOVE guns and each one of them wants a firearm of their very own.

Right now there are only 10 guns for my personalites to share. Hopefully if some of the gainfully employed ones can make more money, then more firearms can be acquired.
    QKShooter likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

OD*
    I love guns, and so do I!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    i have never lost an argument with myself

if me's can't decide between 2 guns which to buy, we get both

Administrator
    One of my personalities "Quincy" QKShooter can't stand the Walther P-38.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    One of my personalities "Quincy" QKShooter can't stand the Walther P-38.

My "38th" personality says he likes the Walther. Can he have it?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    My wife and I just talked about a similar issue last night. She is very smart so she is always quick to understand when you deconstruct something for her. What amazes me though is that she never looks for anything deeper on her own. She likes to go with the flow and it's only when confronted with an issue does she bother to really think about it, to seek the truth.

I think it's sad that my wife is just like the 95% of Americans that believe everything they see on TV.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    My evil-twin doesn't like Sigs. He says they're ugly and over-priced.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Me, Says he likes all guns,
    Myself, Likes most guns, but would really like a custom 1911 for Christmas
    I, Is a Glock fanatic and needs more.

A recent picture of the three of us going to the range.

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Links