Is being too nice bad .

This is a discussion on Is being too nice bad . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The answer......WRT myself (I've been told that too).....is yes, and no. Set boundries and hold fast to 'em and never compromise yourself. There are times ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Is being too nice bad .

The answer......WRT myself (I've been told that too).....is yes, and no.

Set boundries and hold fast to 'em and never compromise yourself. There are times to be 'not-nice', if not an outright meannie. Otherwise, be nice and don't allow yourself to be walked on.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I always try to be nice or respectful to everyone until they prove they should be treated otherwise.
    OK yall, beat me up all you want but here is how I am. I am basically the opposite of the above. After many experiences where I met someone and assumed they were a good person and had that person turn out to be a complete jackass, I long ago abandoned that mode of operation.

I am not a jerk to those whom I meet. I am polite if I must speak or interact with them. But, unlike most people who automatically assume someone new is a good person until given a reason to dislike them, I automatically dislike those who I meet. I assume everyone I meet is a jackass and is a bad guy. I tend not to interact with them as much as possible. As a result, where most people are let down when the new person they met turns out to be a jerk I am not as I already assumed they were a jerk. If anything, I am never let down in people, just occasionally pleasantly surprised when someone I met turns out to be a decent person. But, that's just me.

It's not how most people are wired but it works for me.
    Rock and Glock and SIXTO like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    OK yall, beat me up all you want but here is how I am. I am basically the opposite of the above. After many experiences where I met someone and assumed they were a good person and had that person turn out to be a complete jackass, I long ago abandoned that mode of operation.

I am not a jerk to those whom I meet. I am polite if I must speak or interact with them. But, unlike most people who automatically assume someone new is a good person until given a reason to dislike them, I automatically dislike those who I meet. I assume everyone I meet is a jackass and is a bad guy. I tend not to interact with them as much as possible. As a result, where most people are let down when the new person they met turns out to be a jerk I am not as I already assumed they were a jerk. If anything, I am never let down in people, just occasionally pleasantly surprised when someone I met turns out to be a decent person. But, that's just me.

It's not how most people are wired but it works for me.
    I can understand your position. The town next to the last base I was stationed at had the attitude that if you are military on payday come into town empty your wallet and return to the base and do not return until next payday. If you get pulled over by the local PD the first thing they checked for was a base decal that was always reason for a ticket. My view of that town was it looked best in the rear view mirror.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I've heard the same thing about me. I total agree with jojogunn.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links