Tolerance of other people

This is a discussion on Tolerance of other people within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Subject: Tolerance I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against a mosque being built at Ground Zero. I think it should ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Tolerance of other people

Subject: Tolerance

I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against a mosque being built at Ground Zero. I think it should be the goal of every American to be tolerant. Thus the Mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.

That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque, thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque. We could call one of the clubs, "The Turban Cowboy", which would be gay, and the other a topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot."

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to that an open-pit barbeque pork restaurant, called " Iraq o'Ribs."

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called " Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret", with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods. Next door to the lingerie shop, a liquor store called "Morehammered."

All of this would encourage the Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us, so the mosque problem would be solved. If you agree with promoting tolerance, and you think this is a good plan, please pass it on...For the sake of tolerance!
    OD*, Timothy90, msgt/ret and 16 others like this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    All of this would encourage the Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us
    That says it all, right there.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

I don't believe "tolerance" is included in the "Seven Pillars of Islam"....interesting idea though.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Screw the mosque when does "You Mecca Me Hot" open.....
    mr.stuart and thephanatik like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    They should allow us to build a Baptist Church, a Catholic Church and a Jewish Synagogue in Mecca.
    shooterX and thephanatik like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If it's built, I'm all for the neighbors moving in!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    I'm stealing this. : )
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'm stealing this. : )
    Me too

I am all for this!

VIP Member
    Well said, very well said.

will there be pie?
    atctimmy likes this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    All of this would encourage the Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us, so the mosque problem would be solved. If you agree with promoting tolerance, and you think this is a good plan, please pass it on...For the sake of tolerance!
    You need to add something Jewish to the list.

On a serious note. This is pretty funny, but I actually don't see much of a problem with the mosque. I'm cultured enough to know that Bin Laden's form of Islam is not the mainstream ideology. The closest comparison I can make is many years ago there was an incident near us (Actually, it was near Waco, which is about an hour drive from here) with these "Branch Davidians" which was a type of Christian Cult. You may have seen it on the news. Then down in El-Derado, TX there is another cult called the FLDS church. They are pretty whacked out too. Now, even though both of these cults called themselves Christian, I don't think most of us would consider them to be Christian at all.

Now, imagine that these cults had committed acts of terrorism in other countries (instead of doing it right here in Texas and Oklahoma) and said they were killing people in the name of Christianity. Those countries' experience with "Christianity" would be quite a bit tainted. Much like our experience with the "Islam" of Al-Qaeda.

So I don't like to lump them all together, just as I'm sure any Christians here would not like to be lumped together in the same group as Branch Davidians or FLDS.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I am all for building a Mosque at ground zero. Make it as extravagant as humanly possible. Then burn it to the ground & build a Synagogue where it previously stood.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    You need to add something Jewish to the list.

On a serious note. This is pretty funny, but I actually don't see much of a problem with the mosque. I'm cultured enough to know that Bin Laden's form of Islam is not the mainstream ideology. The closest comparison I can make is many years ago there was an incident near us (Actually, it was near Waco, which is about an hour drive from here) with these "Branch Davidians" which was a type of Christian Cult. You may have seen it on the news. Then down in El-Derado, TX there is another cult called the FLDS church. They are pretty whacked out too. Now, even though both of these cults called themselves Christian, I don't think most of us would consider them to be Christian at all.

Now, imagine that these cults had committed acts of terrorism in other countries (instead of doing it right here in Texas and Oklahoma) and said they were killing people in the name of Christianity. Those countries' experience with "Christianity" would be quite a bit tainted. Much like our experience with the "Islam" of Al-Qaeda.

So I don't like to lump them all together, just as I'm sure any Christians here would not like to be lumped together in the same group as Branch Davidians or FLDS.
    Sir, with respect, you don't know what you are talking about. Take the time to do some research before you post again about Islam.
    rhinokrk likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Feel free to steal it I did. I think this is the best idea if the Mosque is built.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links