Harold Camping Revises Apocalypse Prediction For Friday - Page 2

Harold Camping Revises Apocalypse Prediction For Friday

This is a discussion on Harold Camping Revises Apocalypse Prediction For Friday within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by QKShooter I predicted that Y2K would be nothing. That not even one plane would fall from the sky. But, I predict now ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Harold Camping Revises Apocalypse Prediction For Friday

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I predicted that Y2K would be nothing. That not even one plane would fall from the sky.
    But, I predict now that we're in for bad times ahead.

Don't get trapped by "Normalcy Bias"

The normalcy bias causes smart people to underestimate the possibility of a disaster and its effects. In short: People believe that since something has never happened before... it never will. We are all guilty of it... it's just human nature.
    Sure - I'll agree with you 100%. What I was referring to is these doomsday dates that people predict whether it be from something in the Bible, or the Mayan Calendar, or Y2k, etc. There's very little science in their calculations.

Now, if somebody said an asteroid was going to hit the planet (based on actual tracking data), or a hurricane was coming, a plague, or something like that which is based on clear science and real evidence, I'm going to listen closely and do what I can to prepare.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

To all those who believed him in the past and gave him millions;

Fool me once...shame on you.
    Fool me twice...shame on ME.
    Fool me three times...I am an IDIOT.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Camping is evil.
    He's ruined thousands of lives and families.
    People emptied bank accounts, retirement accounts...maxed out credit cards, sold off/mortgaged their homes/businesses...in order to promote this guy's self-aggrandizing agenda.
    I personally know some of these folks. It's really sad.
    The guy is heretic and cultist.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Administrator
    I can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Sure - I'll agree with you 100%. What I was referring to is these doomsday dates that people predict whether it be from something in the Bible, or the Mayan Calendar, or Y2k, etc. There's very little science in their calculations.

Now, if somebody said an asteroid was going to hit the planet (based on actual tracking data), or a hurricane was coming, a plague, or something like that which is based on clear science and real evidence, I'm going to listen closely and do what I can to prepare.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    Camping is evil.
    He's ruined thousands of lives and families.
    People emptied bank accounts, retirement accounts...maxed out credit cards, sold off/mortgaged their homes/businesses...in order to promote this guy's self-aggrandizing agenda.
    I personally know some of these folks. It's really sad.
    The guy is heretic and cultist.
    True dat. He's one of the last people that I'd want to be on judgement day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Fundies are so entertaining!
    It sounds like this was meant to be a snipe at fundamental Christians. True Christians do believe the Scriptures mean what they say and do tryto follow them as the only revelelation of God and His Son. This man is most definitely not a "fundamental" Christian, he is following the ravings of his own mind. Perhaps you would do well to understand theology and the definitions of words. God bless.
    phreddy and jumpwing like this.

This guy needs to put his crack pipe down, and come back to earth....
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Good thing for Camping that we aren't living in OT times or he wouldn't get a second (or more) chance to be wrong. In OT times, false prophets were stoned - Deuteronomy 18:20. True prophets are never wrong. If a prophet speaks something that doesn't come to pass, then you know he is a false prophet - Deuteronomy 18:22

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    I predict Friday{more commonly known as PAYDAY!) I will hit a Chinese buffet for lunch...I know the owner is very scared!
    He have four bowls noodles, five chicken, and din sum general tso. I now out of business.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Good thing for Camping that we aren't living in OT times or he wouldn't get a second (or more) chance to be wrong. In OT times, false prophets were stoned - Deuteronomy 18:20. True prophets are never wrong. If a prophet speaks something that doesn't come to pass, then you know he is a false prophet - Deuteronomy 18:22
    "He who is without guilt (or sin) shall toss the first stone?" The only true prophet was Jesus himself and I didn't see him throwing any rocks! Its a good thing for Camping that we live on THIS side of the cross!

DANG! The rapture is this Friday again? Already? I wasn't ready for the last one either. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best again...........
    DefConGun and Rock and Glock like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The guy is a marooooon...but it's amazing that so many or these idiots can get as many followers as they do.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    DANG! The rapture is this Friday again? Already? I wasn't ready for the last one either. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best again...........
    How many did we get so far this year Mike? I'm glad we dont have to buy gifts!

Let's hope it isn't a West Virginia rapture.

It would begin with "here, hold my beer and watch this!"
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

"here...hold my snake!"
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links