Harold Camping Revises Apocalypse Prediction For Friday - Page 3

Harold Camping Revises Apocalypse Prediction For Friday

This is a discussion on Harold Camping Revises Apocalypse Prediction For Friday within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by gunsnroses "here...hold my snake!" That would be Eastern Kentucky or really, really Southern West Virginia for that one!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Harold Camping Revises Apocalypse Prediction For Friday

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    "here...hold my snake!"
    That would be Eastern Kentucky or really, really Southern West Virginia for that one!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    "He who is without guilt (or sin) shall toss the first stone?" The only true prophet was Jesus himself and I didn't see him throwing any rocks! Its a good thing for Camping that we live on THIS side of the cross!
    Hi,

Thank you for your thoughts on the matter.

If I may, please allow me to offer this for your consideration;

Jesus is the "High Priest" (Hebrews 2:17), however, its not fair to say that all of the other prophets weren't "true", as if, they were false. God did, however, assign men the roles of being a prophet in the OT. Being inspired and communicating His inspired word, they are "true" prophets as well.

Its not casting stones to call a wolf a wolf. Jesus calls false prophets, "ravenous wolves" (Matthew 7:15) and Paul says that false prophets that preach a different Gospel are to be accursed (1Galatians 1:8 NASB). Those that are not in God's word are storing up God's wrath until the day of judgment (Romans 2:5-6). Never are we commanded to turn a blind eye to discernment. John tells us to test every spirit to see if it comes from God (1 John 4:1-6). John also tells us that if there are false prophets that are teaching that Jesus didn't come in the flesh, to not even let them into our homes (2 John 1:10).

So although, we aren't to be hypocritical judges and worry about the speck that is in our brother's eye, all the while, we have a plank in ours, we should remain to be vigilant in protecting God's word. It's not mean spirited to call out false prophets for it is a warning call for the flock. What would be even more cruel is to allow the false prophets to lead astray weaker brothers and make them stumble.

Grace & Peace,

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Why can't the world end on a Monday for a change?
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    The Sabbath begins at sundown on Friday. If you want to market a bs prophecy it will sound more "authentic" if you build it around a Sabbath or a Sunday. You won't get popular results by suggesting that God is going to show up on a random day of the week.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    The Sabbath begins at sundown on Friday. If you want to market a bs prophecy it will sound more "authentic" if you build it around a Sabbath or a Sunday. You won't get popular results by suggesting that God is going to show up on a random day of the week.
    Friday would be the day Muslims are called to prayer. Maybe the guy is thinking along those lines??? Not trying to get a religion arguement going, it was just a thought.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Friday would be the day Muslims are called to prayer. Maybe the guy is thinking along those lines??? Not trying to get a religion arguement going, it was just a thought.
    Maybe he just looked at his appointment calendar and saw that he had nothing scheduled on Friday.
    JoJoGunn and jumpwing like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Ugh again I'm not told of this and am now so far behind I'll never be able to make one. Guess I'll try to be better prepared for the next one.

Anyone that has ever read the Bible knows (Matthew) that Jesus himself didn't even know when the "end times" would arrive. Only the Father in Heaven knows that.

This guy is a idiot!!!
    Amen
    DefConGun likes this.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    IIRC, Muslims are called to prayer five times a day, every day. At any rate, I don't think this guy is terribly concerned with muslim scheduling.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Anyone hear of (or felt) any huge earthquakes yet today?...

...all's clear on this end so far...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'm wondering when we'll be in the clear. What time zone was Camping's prophecy taking place in? From what I remember, there was another part of the world where it turns tomorrow much earlier than it comes for us. Does anyone remember? Is it already, for example, tomorrow in Japan yet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links