Car purchasing question.

This is a discussion on Car purchasing question. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good job. Now in all seriousness, don't let your eyes get big on that tax return. Pay it off and get out from under that ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Car purchasing question.

Good job. Now in all seriousness, don't let your eyes get big on that tax return. Pay it off and get out from under that 10% rate. Then you can save for a toy or two. I've made that promise to myself and broke it. Every time I went in debt twice as far as I should have as a result.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like the situation worked pretty well for you.

I'm a pretty big fan of Xterra's, I actually have one that is my daily driver. They are tough little trucks, and with some routine maintenance seem to be able to run for a while.

An FYI, you said nothing about what engine is in there, or mileage. But the V'6's are due for a major tune up at 105k according to Nissan, with the most important part of that being replacing the timing belt.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    The only hold back was the mileage, it is 155K with a V6 and I want to say a 3.3L engine... Before I purchased it I got a Car Facts report for it. It looks as if the timing belt, transmission, catalytic convertor, suspension and alternator have all been replaced within the last 75K miles. The dealership put new tires on, changed all the fluids etc... and the previous owner had all the maintenance records. So with all of that I felt a lot better with the higher mileage. Like with all cars (including my Mustang) I keep up on the maintenance as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    The only hold back was the mileage, it is 155K with a V6 and I want to say a 3.3L engine... Before I purchased it I got a Car Facts report for it. It looks as if the timing belt, transmission, catalytic convertor, suspension and alternator have all been replaced within the last 75K miles. The dealership put new tires on, changed all the fluids etc... and the previous owner had all the maintenance records. So with all of that I felt a lot better with the higher mileage. Like with all cars (including my Mustang) I keep up on the maintenance as needed.
    That is a bit high, but just keep up with maintenance. The three engine options IIRC are a 4-banger the 3.3 V6 (which I have in my '04), and a supercharged 3.3. When I bought mine, I got the dealership to include that maintenance in for what I was willing to pay them (and they swapped out the alternator and water pump with the timing belt).

If you are so inclined, and bought a 4x4 model, even without any mods they do okay off road, better than a lot of people think they will.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I plan on getting a hitch rack for the back when I go hunting this year. There are some pretty rugged paths up where I hunt. Quite often they are covered in snow and/or are muddy. I'm sure it will do just fine. I may see about getting all terrain tires when it comes time for new ones.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links