The Ali Kemp Defense Education (TAKE) Foundation

This is a discussion on The Ali Kemp Defense Education (TAKE) Foundation within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Found this when I was looking for something else. The Ali Kemp Defense Education (TAKE) Foundation, recognized by the Obama White House. The description sounds ...

Thread: The Ali Kemp Defense Education (TAKE) Foundation

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Found this when I was looking for something else. The Ali Kemp Defense Education (TAKE) Foundation, recognized by the Obama White House. The description sounds valid, I wonder what their gun philosophy is.

Presidential Citizens Medal Recipients of 2011 | The White House

Roger Kemp, Leawood, Kansas

Roger Kemp faced the ultimate parentís nightmare when his daughter Ali, 19, was killed by a predator in the summer of 2002. In response Kemp created The Ali Kemp Defense Education (TAKE) Foundation. Inspired by his belief that his daughter could have survived if she had an edge on her attackers, TAKE has trained more than 46,000 women in self-defense. Kemp receives the Citizens Medal for working to empower young women to prevent themselves from becoming victims.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Found their website. Nothing mentioned about guns but I did find this tidbit. I wonder what it is about a woman's self defense, founded by a man, that would cause them to "discourage" men from attending, especially men who are there to support their women. Maybe some women have become man-phobic?

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS | TAKE DEFENSE

Can my father, husband, boyfriend, etc. watch or participate with me in the program?
    Due to the nature of some of the conversation and events, and in order to ensure the comfort of all who attend, the class is for females only. Men are discouraged from attending.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links