What the military is viewed like today:

This is a discussion on What the military is viewed like today: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Doodle I think we are allowed to make fun of ourselves though You betcha! But like family, no one outside of the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What the military is viewed like today:

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    I think we are allowed to make fun of ourselves though
    You betcha! But like family, no one outside of the family can pick my family. :-)
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    You betcha! But like family, no one outside of the family can pick my family. :-)
    So true. I worked with a guy who was in the Marines. We always gave each other a hard time. One day a young pup who wasn't even dry behind the ears yet started riding me. All of a sudden Jim grabbed the kid by the back of his shirt and told him if he said another word he'd kick his butt from one end of the building to the other. The kid told Jim, "Your always riding him!" Jim told him "Your right, I do. But guess what, I've earned the right. You haven't!"

You don't mess with family.
    Chaplain Scott and SIGguy229 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    +1!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    So true. I worked with a guy who was in the Marines. We always gave each other a hard time. One day a young pup who wasn't even dry behind the ears yet started riding me. All of a sudden Jim grabbed the kid by the back of his shirt and told him if he said another word he'd kick his butt from one end of the building to the other. The kid told Jim, "Your always riding him!" Jim told him "Your right, I do. But guess what, I've earned the right. You haven't!"

You don't mess with family.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links