Texas prisoners lose their lunch

This is a discussion on Texas prisoners lose their lunch within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Texas prisoners tighten their belts as state saves money - Oct. 21, 2011 Texas attempt to save money. Not feeding certain prisoners lunch on the ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By Geezer
  • 2 Post By hogdaddy
  • 4 Post By IronMike
  • 4 Post By Dennis1209
  • 1 Post By skysoldier29
  • 1 Post By noway2

Thread: Texas prisoners lose their lunch

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Texas prisoners tighten their belts as state saves money - Oct. 21, 2011

Texas attempt to save money. Not feeding certain prisoners lunch on the weekends

Heck, give them one small meal every 72 hours. They have it too easy as it is.

Two words (Chain Gang) ; ) PS Make em EARN their meals
    H/D
    msgt/ret and ccman like this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Prison ain't a Country Club...
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

IMO, prisons should be 100% self sufficient and it should not cost the tax payer a single dime. In addition, the prisoners should be required by law to compensate their victims. If they don't work, they don't eat or get any commissary. Please vote for DENNIS as the next Director of Prisons...

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Would it be so wrong to test hollow points on prison lifers? I'm tired of seeing 4 layers of denim and ballistic gel tests on Youtube. Or maybe we can put this caliber war to rest and do some testing.
    wmhawth likes this.

If you ever ate jail food cutting back to 2 meals is actually doing them a favor
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    SAM COOKE- "CHAIN GANG" - YouTube

...Not anymore...

We should change that.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Already being done in VA. I've met more than one inmate/community service team member who went to prison fat and came out skinny.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    One meal per day should be best 7 days per week.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I have eaten prison food, course i was on the outside of the bars, it was not fun and I prefer MRE's to prison food
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Just do it like some other countries do .....

Make the families responsible for feeding the inmate. If they dont provide food eventually the inmate will Die.

Of course there can be an alternate method in case a family isn't around to feed them. They farm their own food somewhere on the thousands of acres that surround most prisons.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I'm not for it. There are alot of people in prison who messed up, and believe it or not, once they get out won't do it again.
    If you've not been in / around, and know the inside of a prison, and if you don't know that they already don't get but about 1000 calories a day now, then you haven't been around one.

Hang the murderers they are feeding for life .... and save some real money for a worthy cause, instead of doing it to the others.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I am not a fan of the reliance on jail and prisons. While there are some types that there is little else you can do, aside from execution, I think in many cases it falls to the old saying. "when the only tool you have is a hammer..." That being said, I suspect that for many inmates that making the prison more self sufficient would have a lot of positive benefits. At the outset, it would likely be little more than a punishment - reward system: work and you have food and clothing, don't and you don't. Over time, though, I suspect that a routine of moderately hard labor along with the delayed gratification rewards that come from it, both internal and external for that labor would help foster lessons that many of them missed earlier in life.
    Bkrazy likes this.

The next step after "self reliance" is profitable which inevitably ends with Mark Ciavarella, Former Pa. Juvenile Court Judge, Convicted in Alleged 'Kids for Cash' Case - ABC News + Judges Accused of Jailing Kids for Cash - ABC News

This stuff is pure poison, think you can't suddenly find yourself being slave labor on some pea farm somewhere for a couple of month? Yeah think again. They get low on pickers and you'll be busted for Loitering at a gas pump filling up on your way to grandmothers house.

The writers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were nobodies fools.

Links