This is making me sick to my freaking Stomach -- About our Dec of Indep.>> OMG - Page 3

This is making me sick to my freaking Stomach -- About our Dec of Indep.>> OMG

This is a discussion on This is making me sick to my freaking Stomach -- About our Dec of Indep.>> OMG within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint Well I personally feel it is about time that someone (who will remain nameless) should apologize to the Brits for what ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: This is making me sick to my freaking Stomach -- About our Dec of Indep.>> OMG

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Well I personally feel it is about time that someone (who will remain nameless) should apologize to the Brits for what we did.

VIP Member
    Well I personally feel it is about time that someone (who will remain nameless) should apologize to the Brits for what we did.
    Surprised he hasn’t already.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    He's uncertain of the protocol... Bow... or Curtsy?
    msgt/ret and Rock and Glock like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I wasn't talking about debating teams. We had one view of the British occupation (our founder's view) but the Brits and huge numbers of loyalists had a completely different view. History is what it is, but we glamorize things more than we should.

Be under no illusion. What our founders did was illegal under British law; and the English were within their rights to use armed force to put down rebellion. They failed. Good for us. But there were two sides.

Remember that from 1621 to around 1776 Parliament was the undisputed government over Anglo North America.

Had you asked Ben Franklin in 1750 if he held allegiance to The King he would have been dumbfounded at the stupidity of your question.
    Absolutely correct...

Furthermore... While the founders had arguably set up our own government to be overthrown by the armed people in the event of our own government becoming tyrannical; quite a few armed rebellions against same were put down by force... the last of which was called "the civil war."
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    He's uncertain of the protocol... Bow... or Curtsy?
    Y'all are killing me, funny stuff!
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    Hopyard? : )
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    They are just pissed off that we are citizens while they remain subjects. Screw 'em, we won.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

OD*
    I doubt the original inhabitants of this country thought they were "breaking" any of their occupier's laws.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Oh, he won't be apologizing to the Brits. He hates the Brits because of their colonialism across the globe. They are oppressors and established colonies in Indonesia where his father, and grandfather hated the Brits because of it.

That's why he sent the bust of Churchill (which was given to us by Margaret Thatcher) back to the UK his first month in office. He does his best to insult UK at every opportunity.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Oh, he won't be apologizing to the Brits. He hates the Brits because of their colonialism across the globe. They are oppressors and established colonies in Indonesia where his father, and grandfather hated the Brits because of it.

That's why he sent the bust of Churchill (which was given to us by Margaret Thatcher) back to the UK his first month in office. He does his best to insult UK at every opportunity.
    Interesting. I had not pieced that correlation together. I thought he was just a boob.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Absolutely correct...

Furthermore... While the founders had arguably set up our own government to be overthrown by the armed people in the event of our own government becoming tyrannical; quite a few armed rebellions against same were put down by force... the last of which was called "the civil war."
    And noteworthy -- first the Shay Rebellion under the Articles of Confederation and then the Whiskey Rebellion under our Present Constitution. Our founders, though rebels themselves, did not in anyway tolerate rebellion against the newly created authority.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

It was an academic debate.

It shouldn't take an academic to figure that one out. If this got your panties in a bunch then you could probably use a little more education.
    wmhawth, atctimmy and Hopyard like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Of course it was illegal! Duh!!
    The founding fathers were traitors and had they lost the war they would have been publicly executed for treason. Their rebellion was no different than the Texans rebellion against Mexico. Citizens of a country took up arms against their lawful government.
    And we won.
    Many nations are founded by traitors and terrorists. How history remembers these people depends on who gets to write the history books. You win, you are a founding father and historical liberator. You lose, and if you are remembered as more than a footnote it is generally not in a flattering way.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

If the Brits want this land back, they can try to take it back.

"It was also totally illegitimate and illegal.

At least, that was what lawyers from the UK argued during a debate at Philadelphia's Ben Franklin Hall."

Leave to pound scum to come of with this crap.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Perhaps they have forgotten their own Magna Carta.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links