Love my dog, but.....

Love my dog, but.....

This is a discussion on Love my dog, but..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It just hit me!! My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day. He has his food prepared for him. His meals are provided at no ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By OD*
  • 5 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By OD*
  • 3 Post By sureshot1

Thread: Love my dog, but.....

Love my dog, but.....

It just hit me!! My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day. He has his food prepared for him. His meals are provided at no cost to him. He visits the Dr. once a year for his checkup and again during the year, if any medical needs arise. For this he pays nothing, and nothing is required of him. He lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than he needs, but he is not required to do any upkeep. If he makes a mess, someone else cleans it up. He has his choice of luxurious places to sleep. He receives these accommodations absolutely free. He is living like a king, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever. All of his costs are picked up by others who earn a living. I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me like a brick in the head.

My dog is a Congressman !!!!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member
    LOL. Not quite - I bet your dog is far too honest and loyal.

He pays you back for all of his upkeep by loving you with his total being. A Congressman would never do that.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

yeah,or the latest recepient of the "Spread the Wealth"campaign!

Sounds like my neighbors living off of the state (4 households in the direct area that I know of)

You folks make some great points, I wouldn't trade either of our girls for the whole of congress.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Why would you what to insult your dog by calling him a congressman? That's not nice!!
    Rock and Glock, Guest1 and ctr like this.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

That is a very valid point, and I do apologize.

Yeah...I think my dog might take offense to that one too. Although you can always win her back by mentioning any variation of key words. Some of the following are said key words, but are not limited to said key words:
    Cheese, Bacon, Steak, Beer, Squirrel, Deer, Cat, Bone, Peanut Butter, Car, truck, Ride, fridge...
    Oh and generally she understands the spelling of some of those...grrr. Can't even spell the words out around her anymore.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Hmmmmm.

A group of dogs is known as a "pack".

A group of baboons is known as a "Congress"

I'd say your dog might be a bit upset. LOL!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Yeah...I think my dog might take offense to that one too. Although you can always win her back by mentioning any variation of key words. Some of the following are said key words, but are not limited to said key words:
    Cheese, Bacon, Steak, Beer, Squirrel, Deer, Cat, Bone, Peanut Butter, Car, truck, Ride, fridge...
    Oh and generally she understands the spelling of some of those...grrr. Can't even spell the words out around her anymore.
    I'll bet beer is one of the words she can spell!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

True story hand to God. Back in high school we had a very cool accounting/moot court/principal of law teacher. One day the subject of tax deductions came up. The teacher used to free lance doing tax returns. One day he see that the client does not have the 3rd dependent listed. So he asks client " I am correct that you are no longer declaring duke as a dependent?"
    Yes, we had to put Duke to sleep. You mean Duke passes away. No duke was our dog and we had to put it to sleep. Yes, the client was taking his dog off his taxes for years.

Links