Good : Beagle Dog and Stolen Truck Recovered

Good : Beagle Dog and Stolen Truck Recovered

This is a discussion on Good : Beagle Dog and Stolen Truck Recovered within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happend the other day and I know this man personally due to my work. He left the keys in the ignition of his truck ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By oakchas

Thread: Good : Beagle Dog and Stolen Truck Recovered

Thumbs up Good : Beagle Dog and Stolen Truck Recovered

This happend the other day and I know this man personally due to my work. He left the keys in the ignition of his truck to go in and get a haircut, not smart I know, but that's what happend. Someone came by, took the pick up and the dog went missing.

The dog was found today, alive and apparently unhurt.

Kenny is missing after his owner's truck was stolen with the dog inside. The family is offering a reward for his return. Call 304-638-3930.

October 27, 2011 @ 12:09 PM

CURTIS JOHNSON

Herald-Dispatch.com

CULLODEN,WV – Family members have found a missing beagle that was taken Tuesday as someone stolen a man’s truck outside of a Culloden barbershop.

The dog was found at 11:45 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, on a ridge in Culloden, said Kathy Carter. The dog was found was as Carter’s husband and a friend rode all-terrain vehicles in the area.

That news came shortly after sheriff’s deputies filed an arrest warrant against Stephen Reed, 29, of Cuollden. It pertains the taking of the victim’s truck, said Cabell County Sheriff’s Detective Josh Robertson.

Cabell County Sheriff’s Sgt. Todd Wentz expected an additional charge to be filed in Putnam County. He said Reed had not been arrested as of Thursday morning.

News of the reunion and arrest warrant come as Bob Fannin’s family continued its all-out search, stopping at nothing to find his beagle named Kenny. A reward for the dog’s safe recovery grew Thursday to $2,000.

The beagle was in a Ford F-150 that was stolen late Tuesday morning from a barbershop along U.S. 60 in Culloden. Fannin had been inside getting a haircut. He had left the truck unlocked with its keys in the ignition. He watched a man pull away with his dog inside.

The truck was later discovered at a subdivision along Bills Creek Road near Winfield, W.Va., but the dog was no where to be found. The suspect’s girlfriend had called police alerting them to the truck’s location, according to Putnam County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy G. K. Barnett.

The grand larceny charge was linked the stolen truck, Robertson said. No charge had been filed in taking the beagle.

Sheriff’s deputies in Cabell and Putnam counties didn’t release Reed’s name initially, but that didn’t stop Fannin or his family from continuing its all-out search for Kenny.

Fannin’s daughter, Kathy Carter, said her father, husband and other volunteers have been doing detective work of their own. They know the suspect’s name and their efforts includes interviewing his girlfriend, his mother and area pawn shops. They hope locating the suspect leads to finding the beagle.

Family members also coordinated a ground search for 8 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 27. They planned to meet at a Culloden grocery store and move toward Benedict Road. Wednesday’s effort included an aerial search with a friend’s airplane, talks with area animal shelters and distributing filers throughout the community.

“We’re just going to give it all we’ve got,” Carter said. “We’re still hopeful and I guess optimistic. It’s getting cold and it’s raining, and you worry about him being outside and being cold and hungry. We hope if somebody does find him they bring him in, feed him and just give us a call.”

Carter said a woman from Jacksonville, Fla., learned of the family’s search and pledged to match the reward with $1,000 of her own. That raised the total to $2,000.

The suspect’s girlfriend told Fannin she did not see a beagle in the truck when she first spotted it and called police, Carter said. Deputies found no beagle or any sign of a beagle being around it, Barnett said.

Anyone with information about the beagle’s whereabouts should call Carter’s cell phone at 304-638-3930. The Cabell County Sheriff's Office can be reached at 304-743-1594.
    Missing beagle found, arrest warrant filed - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Who cares about the truck? The dog, man, that's the story! The dog's okay... I want a new truck anyway. But a dog... well, you can't replace a dog.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I'd really be hurt if my "Ruby" came up missing! What a heart breaker! Happy everything turned out ok.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

OD*
    This will make a hit C&W song.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Most States have laws against leaving keys in unattended vehicles,He is lucky he got everything back ,but IMHO he needs to be charged,stolen vehicles are usually involved in Pursuits that endanger the Public.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Bad enough to steal a man's truck but his beagle ????? That's a thief that needs a horse whuppin !
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Most States have laws against leaving keys in unattended vehicles,He is lucky he got everything back ,but IMHO he needs to be charged,stolen vehicles are usually involved in Pursuits that endanger the Public.
    Quite the world we live in when we should be charged because someone steals our vehicle. If you don't lock it and they steal your stereo charge you for the theft as well. Our values have really changed haven't they? Has our country forgotten what the rule of law is for?
    Sorry for the rant.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

you shouldnt be charged for lack of common sense, you should be pointed at and riduculed by your peers lol Im glad he got his dog back I know how I feel about mine and Id be a mess if some one stole him, my rule of thumb is always lock your doors if locks are broken then use a lg breed dog with a bad reputation for biting that works just as good lol

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    This will make a hit C&W song.
    I'm a drummer, singer, song writer and some times bass guitarist.

I believe I could be inspirated to write one, key of C maybe?

Lyrics would include, guns, ammo and a line about the thief of " my lawyer said he probably needed killin'"......
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I'm a drummer, singer, song writer and some times bass guitarist.

I believe I could be inspirated to write one, key of C maybe?

Lyrics would include, guns, ammo and a line about the thief of " my lawyer said he probably needed killin'"......
    Sounds good to me.

"There are four kinds of homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy."
    ~ Ambrose Bierce
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Sponsored Links