"The Walking Dead"

This is a discussion on "The Walking Dead" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; spoiler alert....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: "The Walking Dead"

spoiler alert.

2. Remove Ads

We need a Ninja with a mess of stars and blades to execute hoards of zombies. (Insert 80's theme song here)

Get Chuck Norris to glare at them to death...

A flamethrower would be great for crowds... Toast one & let him stumble into the others
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I agree that the idea is to fire guns as little as possible. M4's or whatever, you could not carry/maintain a sufficient quantity of ammunition.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    We need a Ninja with a mess of stars and blades to execute hoards of zombies. (Insert 80's theme song here)

Get Chuck Norris to glare at them to death...

A flamethrower would be great for crowds... Toast one & let him stumble into the others
    My handbook of zombie warfare suggest that it takes a long time to incinerate a zombie to the point where the brain stem is destroyed. Until that point they will stuble around possibly destroying fortifications, cutting off retreat or necessary vehicles. lol ... I lied I don't have a handbook but now I am thinking about writing one.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Ok, I will confine the concept of flamethrowers to LARGE crowds.

Rick should have taken the Tank in the first season.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

the tank does seem like it would make a good safe house. why not use it. just drive where you need and camp out. plenty of room inside. just throw that dead zombie out of it.

If I were in that fantasy situation the first thing I would do is secure a 10/22 or just a 22, a couple thousand rounds of ammo and a nice reflex scope.... then I would fashion a nice pop bottle silencer and go to work on head shots

To the many of you that don't seem to know this, The Walking Dead is a graphic novel (thick comic books) series and the story line is following them for the most part. Having read a large chunk of the series so far, thanks to a friend who lent me his, the source material is pretty solid. It was actually written before 28 Days Later, which ripped off the same opening of waking up from a coma. Frank Darabont, who did Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, The Mist and some other excellent work is responsible for it being setup and shot so well. Unfortunately, AMC started to push him around and he separated from the series. I am hoping it maintains its quality despite the typical Hollywood type technical mistakes.
    joker1 likes this.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

LOVE this show. i have my arguments with it, but I still enjoy it. For instance, the zombie that uses a rock to smash the glass in the first season. Everyone knows zombies can't use tools and aren't that smart.
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    If I were in that fantasy situation the first thing I would do is secure a 10/22 or just a 22, a couple thousand rounds of ammo and a nice reflex scope.... then I would fashion a nice pop bottle silencer and go to work on head shots
    Depending on your location, a couple million rounds, or more, might be more appropriate.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post
    To the many of you that don't seem to know this, The Walking Dead is a graphic novel (thick comic books) series and the story line is following them for the most part.
    Yep, know this, Robert Kirkman has been a guest on "The Talking Dead.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

My biggest issue with the show:

Apparently they have to feed to sustain their bodies..... what about hydration? Never see them hydrating. I am going to guess that either we are going to start seeing weakened deteriorating zombies in the future or the show and writing is very inconsistent.

That's a possibility as they were already talking on "The Talking Dead" about newer zombies being more speedy and athletic than ones that had been zombies longer.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    My biggest issue with the show:

Apparently they have to feed to sustain their bodies..... what about hydration? Never see them hydrating. I am going to guess that either we are going to start seeing weakened deteriorating zombies in the future or the show and writing is very inconsistent.
    Maybe they receive enough hydration from what they eat.

Michael

So if they can hole up somewhere long enough.... they can wait it out and all the zombies will be pretty much deteriorated. Show over LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links