"The Walking Dead"

This is a discussion on "The Walking Dead" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by azchevy Yeah but in zombie town, where there are many and head shots are king..... a glock 17 with 17 round mags ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: "The Walking Dead"

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Yeah but in zombie town, where there are many and head shots are king..... a glock 17 with 17 round mags or one of those plentiful military beretta 9mm's lying all around with 15 round mags would better serve him. Not to mention all those 30 round m4 mags and rifles they seem to ignore at every step and continue on with their bolt action hunting rifles. There is theatrics and there is common sense. Pick up the hicaps... it isn't about "stopping power" it is about getting as many head shots as possible when swarmed. Melee weapons for one or two and when a swarm comes hicaps are your friend. Climb on the RV and start dispatching them.

Anyway....... hollywood
    Rick did grab a Beretta from the Zombified Tank Commander. I think the reason he uses his Python over the 9mm is he has a holster for the Colt. Cops would know how dangerous Mexican carry can be.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

2. Remove Ads

I agree about all of the military hardware they are avoiding. I have seen a couple of Ma Deuce's in the series and one that I'm sure had a belt of ammo hanging out of it.

One thing I do like about the zombies is the ability they seem to have to lie dormant and awaken when in proximity to their next meal.

Which is why I don't understand why they are not utilizing dogs more. I am a dog lover to the core but if they can provide early warning to save my butt then so be it.

The Walking Dead has been signed on for a third season, according to AMC.
    joker1 and nerdyvirgin like this.
    • "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
    • The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

OD*
    Gunnutty and nerdyvirgin like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Everyone laughed at when FEMA release a Zombi preparedness guide, but it got people talking about real survival and defensive information, along with all these new shows and movies that have came out. It's a good idea to role-play in you mind of different scenarios in defensive situations and keep the mind sharp. Interestingly enough, someone asked scientists if zombies were possible and the reply is that a "mutated" version of the rabies virus could actually cause it....better get used to head shots...LOL
    Cory1022 and shooterX like this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke16 View Post
    Everyone laughed at when FEMA release a Zombi preparedness guide, but it got people talking about real survival and defensive information, along with all these new shows and movies that have came out. It's a good idea to role-play in you mind of different scenarios in defensive situations and keep the mind sharp. Interestingly enough, someone asked scientists if zombies were possible and the reply is that a "mutated" version of the rabies virus could actually cause it....better get used to head shots...LOL
    Was that FEMA, or the CDC?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Exactly what is the appeal of zombies? Seriously, I don't get it.

Maybe it was the effect of having been raised in a fundamentalist church where sermons of Armageddon with locust the size of attack helicopters swarming out of volcanoes makes zombies look pretty poor. Or reading HP Lovecraft with some real freak show monster. Zombies are just ... dead....or sick depending on the mood of the writer and they are just weak and uninteresting as an adversary.

Oh yeah I get that nowadays we have "fast" zombies and whatnot...that just proves the point that they are really weak and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by wdbailey View Post
    Exactly what is the appeal of zombies? Seriously, I don't get it.

Maybe it was the effect of having been raised in a fundamentalist church where sermons of Armageddon with locust the size of attack helicopters swarming out of volcanoes makes zombies look pretty poor.
    Yet their teachings revolve around one of the most famous zombies of all time.... oh the irony. Maybe that answers your question.
    357and40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Yet their teachings revolve around one of the most famous zombies of all time.... oh the irony. Maybe that answers your question.
    yeah...probably explains my adverse reaction as well

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I'm just watching the beginning of "Bloodletting." The kid was shot with a high powered rifle in the gut. In my humble experience - dead or dying. Now Marcus Welby is doing surgery in the master bed room without anesthesia. Um, no.
    thenelseif likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

In addition, Marcus Welby is a DVM.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    Rick did grab a Beretta from the Zombified Tank Commander. I think the reason he uses his Python over the 9mm is he has a holster for the Colt. Cops would know how dangerous Mexican carry can be.
    I think that the M9/92FS would be one of the safest weapons to carry Mexican.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Some people think that zombies have their appeal as a potent metaphor for death in the abstract. For this, slow zombies are perfect. They can be all around you, and you can spot some and avoid them from pretty far enough. They seem like they should be avoidable. Just keep making the right decisions. But then sometimes the wrong decisions look like the right ones, and suddenly--even though they are slow and predictable and you should be able to avoid them, you've let yourself get in a corner, or a basement, or you've gone back to get something you should have remembered or just left behind. Human frailty and judgement can keep you safe or bring you down.

That was deep there Ishmael.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links